Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

i did a check disk on my computer now i cant log on or use safe mode

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 ludachris1107

ludachris1107

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:24 PM

Posted 18 August 2009 - 08:28 PM

please help now after it scanned it restarted to the screen as if i held the f8 key and it said safe mode etc. and last known good configuration i pressed that one because it said i should i did and restarted back to the same screen. i did this about ten times and same result everytime. i cant get pass that screen no matter what i do. how do i fix this. i did chkdsk /r by the way now i cant get into my computer.

Edited by ludachris1107, 18 August 2009 - 08:30 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:24 AM

Posted 18 August 2009 - 08:44 PM

Try running chkdsk again from the Recovery Console.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#3 ludachris1107

ludachris1107
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  

Posted 18 August 2009 - 09:11 PM

when i go to the system recovery its a blue screen saying fatal system error windows has shut down. i couldnt do nothing on that screen that i know of so i restarted my computer hit safe mode i think it was then system recovery and i got a blue screen that said this. a problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer. if this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen restart your computer. if this happens again follow these steps. disable or uninstall

#4 ludachris1107

ludachris1107
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  

Posted 18 August 2009 - 09:17 PM

any anti virus, disk defragmentation or back up utilties. check your hard drive configuration and check for any updated drivers. run chkdsk /f to check for hard corruption and then restart your computer. but how do i do that.

Edited by ludachris1107, 18 August 2009 - 09:19 PM.

#5 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  

Posted 18 August 2009 - 09:50 PM

Insert the Windows XP CD into the CD drive, and then restart the computer. Click to select any options that are required to start the computer from the CD drive if you are prompted. When the "Welcome to Setup" screen appears, press R to start the Recovery Console. If you have a dual-boot or multiple-boot computer, select the installation that you must access from the Recovery Console. When you are prompted, type the Administrator password. If the administrator password is blank, just press ENTER.

Type: chkdsk /r

It's important to have a space before the "/".

To exit the Recovery Console and restart the computer, type exit at the command prompt, and then press ENTER.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#6 ludachris1107

ludachris1107
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  

Posted 18 August 2009 - 10:28 PM

hi again my computer did not come with a windows xp cd. i purchased it from bjs dont know if that has anything to do with it. i take it i have to buy one from some where? thanks for the help again sorry if im typing wrong or slow responses im using a psp for my internet. (playstation portable)

#7 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  

Posted 18 August 2009 - 10:30 PM

If you have access to another computer you can create your own Recovery Console disk with this file:

http://www.thecomputerparamedic.com/files/rc.iso

You must burn this file to a CD as an ISO. Post back if you need more information on how to do this.

—George Bernard Shaw

#8 ludachris1107

ludachris1107
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  

Posted 18 August 2009 - 10:40 PM

ok i will try to do this tomorrow. thanks for all the help i will keep you posted

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users