Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

SNMP heating up - new unique problem...!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 sunandoghosh

sunandoghosh

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:42 PM

Posted 17 July 2005 - 11:24 PM

SNMP heating up - new unique problem...!!!

Hey wonderful people here,

A new problem....??????? and faced for first time....

PROBLEM:

Presently desktop having SNMP of 220 Volts (most probably) but the entire machine gets very heated too soon.

The engineer saw and said that change SNMP to 350 Volts.

My system configuration:

P4 3 Ghz
512 MB RAM
80 SATA HDD
CD/DVD combo
inkjet printer

MY QUESTION

I actually fail to undrstand so much technical issues like volt etc...so

CAN ANYONE PLEASE SAY WHETHER I REALLY NEED TO CHANGE SNMP FROM PRESENT 220 volts to enginner suggested 350 volts...????????

Any idea / suggestion / advice...????

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,364 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:42 PM

Posted 18 July 2005 - 02:38 AM

Is the SNMP your referring to this: Short for Simple Network Management Protocol, a set of protocols for managing complex networks. The first versions of SNMP were developed in the early 80s. SNMP works by sending messages, called protocol data units (PDUs), to different parts of a network. SNMP-compliant devices, called agents, store data about themselves in Management Information Bases (MIBs) and return this data to the SNMP requesters. If it is, I'm really lost as far as understanding any relationship between that and any volgate over 12V. If you are talking about your line voltage in relationship to your PSU, then you need to be sure that the voltage switch on the PSU is on the 230V or 220V range as your line voltage appears to be 230V @ 50Hz. Where are you located please?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users