Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

2x proccess on task manager and maybe slow pc

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Haki88

Haki88

• Members
  • 105 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:17 PM

Posted 18 August 2009 - 04:12 PM

I have 2x Ati2evxx.exe in Task manager
Ati2evxx.exe is part of graphic card i uninstall all Ati drivers and install it again but i see again 2 same proccess.

I also see when i run Internet Explorer i see 2x iexplore.exe in Task manager.

I scanned computer with:
Avira Premium Security Suite (with latest updates)
Spyware Doctor (with latest updates)
NVT Malware Remover Tool (with latest updates)
Spybot - Search & Destroy (with latest updates)
I even download scanner vs botnet from microsoft but all these tools didnt find anything.....
I try to scan with Malwarebytes but i have some .ocx problem.....

My Computer:
Windows XP (Proffesional Pack 2)
Pentium 4
3 GHz
2 Gb RAM
Ati Radeon 9600

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,874 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:17 AM

Posted 18 August 2009 - 05:50 PM

Hi :thumbsup:.

http://searchtasks.answersthatwork.com/tas...p?File=ATI2evxx

Do you have dual-monitor support enabled? Just a guess, but that may be why your system reflects 2 instances of the ATI file.

It might also be left over from a previous install effort/driver update...I don't know.

How many display adapters are reflected in Device Manager?

I have ATI chipset on this system, but I always run only 1 monitor and I have only 1 instance of ATI2evxx.exe reflected in Task Manager.

As for 2 iexplore.exe processes...I think that's fairly normal for me, I reflect 4 right now, with 3 IE windows open. In the past, I've noticed that the number varies somewhat with what I have open in IE, but I won't say there's a direct relationship. I don't worry about the number displayed as processes because I know that my systems are well-protected on a routine basis.

Louis

#3 Haki88

Haki88
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 105 posts
  •  

Posted 18 August 2009 - 10:17 PM

Hi :thumbsup:.

http://searchtasks.answersthatwork.com/tas...p?File=ATI2evxx

Do you have dual-monitor support enabled? Just a guess, but that may be why your system reflects 2 instances of the ATI file.

It might also be left over from a previous install effort/driver update...I don't know.

How many display adapters are reflected in Device Manager?

I have ATI chipset on this system, but I always run only 1 monitor and I have only 1 instance of ATI2evxx.exe reflected in Task Manager.

As for 2 iexplore.exe processes...I think that's fairly normal for me, I reflect 4 right now, with 3 IE windows open. In the past, I've noticed that the number varies somewhat with what I have open in IE, but I won't say there's a direct relationship. I don't worry about the number displayed as processes because I know that my systems are well-protected on a routine basis.

Louis

hmmm,i dont have dual monitor i have Samsuning Sync Master 913n. dual-monitor support enabled? i dont know,can you tell me where i can see that?
and for IE i never had 1 IE open and have 2 process...since yesterday,isnt that strange?

Edited by Haki88, 18 August 2009 - 11:48 PM.

#4 Layback Bear

Layback Bear

• Members
  • 1,880 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:17 AM

Posted 19 August 2009 - 12:32 AM

Try this. Right click on you desk top and see if there is any options. I use nvidia dual monitors and that how it works for me. I can go to the nvidia control panel.

#5 Haki88

Haki88
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 105 posts
  •  

Posted 19 August 2009 - 12:49 AM

Try this. Right click on you desk top and see if there is any options. I use nvidia dual monitors and that how it works for me. I can go to the nvidia control panel.

i didnt find anything about enabled or disabled dual support,i think i dont have it because this graphic card is old.

#6 Stang777

Stang777

Just Hoping To Help

• Members
  • 1,821 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:17 AM

Posted 19 August 2009 - 02:04 AM

What version of IE are you running?

With IE6 I usually only have one instance of IE showing in the task manager, regardless of how many IE windows I have open. At one time, for a very short time, I had two running when I had more than one window open, but I later discovered that it was one website that was causing that. If I did not wait a couple of minutes after closing out the window for that website, before opening another IE window, it would stick open, giving me two instances of it in my task manager. The issue with that website has since been resolved, apparently it was a problem on their end.

#7 Haki88

Haki88
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 105 posts
  •  

Posted 19 August 2009 - 04:22 AM

IE 8
but posting here with firefox :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users