Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

computor administrator

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 cliffside

cliffside

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:48 PM

Posted 18 August 2009 - 03:18 PM

I had wanted to initiate a 'new user' and was not successful. I was the computor administrator but when I was not having any success with adding a 'new user' I clicked on my profile and indicated I was not the administrator. So now there is no administrator on this computer and that means I cannot add new programs or change my router, etc. Can anyone tell me how I can change my status to administrator? thank you

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,754 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:48 PM

Posted 18 August 2009 - 03:46 PM

Repair install XP.

Louis

#3 Underlord

Underlord

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:48 PM

Posted 18 August 2009 - 05:40 PM

You could try this, it may work as long as there isn't a password on the default/hidden administrator account.

You need to logoff and get back to the screen where you pick which account to login to. To do this with only one account on the machine, just click Start and then go to Logoff. When your on the screen where it wants you to select an account to login, press Ctrl - Alt - Delete twice. It should change the screen to the Windows Network login screen. As the Username, type in Administrator and then try to login. Hopefully it will let you login as long as there hasn't been a password set on this account, if you know the password then enter it in.

Once logged in here you should be able to change your own account back to an Administrator account.

Hopefully that should work.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users