Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

C:\WINDOWS\INSTAL~1 error

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 snaley

snaley

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:16 PM

Posted 18 August 2009 - 02:37 PM

OS- windows XP SP3
Computer- ADVENT 4213 netbook
after running for few minutes the computer suddenly comes up wit the error saying

C:\WINDOWS\INSTAL~1\{4A65D~1\_A685C~1.EXE
The NTVDM CPU has encountered an illegal instruction
CS:0f83 IP:01df OP:0f 00 09 00 00 Choose 'Close' to terminate the application.

i have attached the screen capture of the problem

will be grateful for any help

thanks

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,247 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:16 PM

Posted 18 August 2009 - 03:24 PM

Hi :thumbsup:.

http://forums.cnet.com/5208-6122_102-0.htm...ssageID=3105412

Is the above also your post? If so, did you try reinstalling then uninstalling Spyware Terminator?

<<C:\WINDOWS\INSTAL~1\{4A65D~1\_A685C~1.EXE>>

Based on what you have submitted and a review of my own Windows folder...what appears to be scrawl may relate to a folder that was/is in the Windows Installer folder of your system.

The error may be occurring because there's a pointer to startup an item which no longer exists. If so, this pointer can be removed by using a program like AutoRuns for Windows - http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinte...s/bb963902.aspx . In using Autoruns, look only at items appearing on the Logon tab of Autoruns.

Louis

#3 snaley

snaley
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 19 August 2009 - 12:19 PM

thanks for suggestion. i have added spywareterminator again and am waiting to see whether the error goes away or not.
yes i did add the querry to cnet.com as well as i am desperate for help from any quarter

i did follow the suggestion that was in ur link but still couldnt decide which process was causing the problem

thanks again. iw ill post what happened. in the meanwhile if someone can come up with any other solution i would b grateful

thanks once agai

#4 snaley

snaley
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 24 August 2009 - 02:36 PM

i tried with reinstalling spywareterminator but was still getting the error. so i decided i will reinstall windows xp from scratch. now even after reinstalling the windows xp it still is giving error again.

any help will be appreciated to get rid of this error

thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users