Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Win XP only shows the F8 menu

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 nexus

nexus

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:06 AM

Posted 17 July 2005 - 10:50 PM

When I turn my computer on it only shows the menu where you're supposed to choose between safe mode, normal mode and some other options to start using windows.

Well, I've tried selecting each one and when the computer restarts it takes me to the same screen with the options...

My computer is in spanish but roughly translated it says soemthing like...

"Your computer was restarted in an unproper way or it suffered a black out. In order for you to keep using it windows must be in safe mode. Please choose one of the options below:

Start windows in...

-safe mode
-normal mode
-something
-something"

And I don't know what to do... the information in my hard drive is very important. so... help? anyone? please? :thumbsup:

I will post more details if necessary. See, Im not using my computer right now (obviously) so I'd have to go back home and check the symthoms for further description. Anyway, any help will be greatly appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TEB

TEB

• Banned
  • 449 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:06 AM

Posted 17 July 2005 - 10:52 PM

Try normal mode.

#3 phatcat42141

phatcat42141

• Members
  • 107 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:06 AM

Posted 17 July 2005 - 11:07 PM

Try normal mode.

He said --

Well, I've tried selecting each one and when the computer restarts it takes me to the same screen with the options...

What I would suggest is doing a system repair using the startup disk.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users