Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Upgraded Firefox 3.5.2

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Jove

Jove

• Members
  • 2,739 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:09 AM

Posted 18 August 2009 - 12:37 PM

Recently Upgraded Firefox to 3.5.2 and had some unusual activity in my COMODO Fire Wall, .

Which is to say that there were COMODO POP UPs like ;

dotnetfx35s
msiexec.exe

I am not sure if these are from the recent Firefox upgrade or the Windows Update installations,

I think the first imaged here is a COMODO result, or is it possible since I named the file using a file name that this happened ?

In any case when I saved the screen shots of the COMODO Pop-Ups I saved them as JPEGs

but they appeared on the DT as apps?

Posted Image

Anyway here is the second image

I would like to know why these were saved as apps and when these are opened I am getting this,
(second image).

Posted Image

When you don't have to worry about your computer anymore, you can start
living again !

vrwqzc.gif
Success is a result, not a goal. . . . Flaubert

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Jove

Jove
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2,739 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:09 AM

Posted 18 August 2009 - 12:52 PM

Anyway, I felt that there was something wrong and was not sure that it was do to the
Firefox Upgrade or the recent Windows Update, where it failed on the first attempt since there are two large downloads, for I.E., so I down loaded the security updates only.

The PC was hanging up and I decided to restore, the restore must have wipped out some of the Firefox essentials with the back step, and I could not get it to open, so I reverted the restore, and is working again,

however for your information, . . I believe that the installation dates of of the MCS Frameworks are changed,(see image-1) however assuming they are the original framework installation with the dates changed to the date of the restoration, why is that not so with the 3.5 SP1 Installation, etc. (see the image-2)
Image-1
Posted Image

Image-2
Posted Image

When you don't have to worry about your computer anymore, you can start
living again !

vrwqzc.gif
Success is a result, not a goal. . . . Flaubert

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users