Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Yahoo Mail stopped working!! (disabled or discontinued)

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 finance professional

finance professional

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:45 PM

Posted 18 August 2009 - 11:37 AM

I have been using Yahoo Mail since ages with same ID and password. But all of a sudden I cant login to my account (mail, groups, messenger).

I've filled the password not working form at Yahoo help website, but I see following error,

Sorry, your password can't be reset online (9024)
For security reasons, we require you to contact Customer Care

If you used an alias or profile name, we recommend that you try again with the Yahoo! ID associated with the alias. If not, you can contact Customer Care to help reset your Yahoo! password.

I've mailed to yahoo customer care so many times, but they wont reply.

I send a mail from my gmail account to this yahoo mail id and was surprised to delivery failure error. The error is something like this ...

Technical details of permanent failure:
Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the recipient domain. We recommend contacting the other email provider for further information about the cause of this error. The error that the other server returned was: 554 554 delivery error: dd Sorry your message to d.nirox@yahoo.com cannot be delivered. This account has been disabled or discontinued [#102]. - mtv123.mail.ac4.yahoo.com (state 18).

Can anyone tell me what the problem is all about?

Lately I am having so many problems with Yahoo Mail. I think Yahoo is a sinking ship. Time to shift to Gmail or Hotmail/Live Mail.

I am really frustated as I have lost all my imp mail and add book. Any help would be highly appreciated.

Edit: Moved topic from General Chat to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

Edited by The weatherman, 18 August 2009 - 04:54 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 stella04

stella04

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:15 PM

Posted 28 August 2009 - 05:31 AM

I am having the same problem for 3 days now....anyone have any ideas, or a phone number I can call since emailing them is getting me now where fast. Thanks in advance.

#3 finance professional

finance professional
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:45 PM

Posted 28 August 2009 - 08:24 AM

Did you by any chance send photos through Yahoo Messenger photo sharing? I wrote to customer care nearly thousand times and they replied me that they disabled my account by mistake (hah!!) and now its working.

#4 stella04

stella04

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:15 PM

Posted 28 August 2009 - 04:06 PM

No I simply went to check my email, which I do about 100 times a day and it wouldn't let me log in. I never use file sharing or even messenger. But it does seem like they disabled my account since I can't login to My Yahoo at all for anything.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users