Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

screen is messed up; fuzzy, "zoomed in"

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 katieb

katieb

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:22 AM

Posted 18 August 2009 - 11:31 AM

As the title says, my screen is all messed up. I forgot to shut it down one night and woke up to my background being all messed up, everything is fuzzy, and appears to be zoomed in slightly. It has the terrible clarity of one of those really cheap wide-screen, jumbo-screen laptops. I did accidentally leave Limewire running, so I thought a virus slipped through but after running a million scans through my symantec, as well as Malwarebytes and others, it came up with trojan.brisv.a!inf but it was partially cleaned and quarantined, so I don't think thats the problem. I also did the removal tool from symantec with no luck. Is this something other than a virus, like some setting I accidentally could have changed? I posted a similar topic in the "am i infected" forum but nobody has even replied. I run vista on a toshiba satellite.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Heafy

Heafy

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:22 AM

Posted 18 August 2009 - 03:31 PM

Hmm, not sure what to tell you, just saw no replies so decided to try to help. Have you tried to change your screen resolution? If not, try that. Other than that I'm not sure, maybe the lack of care for your computer. You just might have to buy another screen. :huh:
NOD32, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Pro, Spyware Blaster, Super Anti-Spyware. Windows Vista 2gb of RAM, 222 hard drive, Dell Inspirion 530.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users