Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Error on Windows Stratup

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 cacho15

cacho15

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:07 AM

Posted 17 July 2005 - 09:43 PM

I tried to install a steering wheel on a USB port, but it didn't work because the port was damaged. I connected it again on another USB port, but it wasn't recognized so I had to install it again. Now it works fine, but I get an error message every time Windows starts (it says something like "The control required for this service is not valid", I think it is 1052 0x041C). What should I do???
PS: I'm running Windows XP Proffesional with Service Pack 2. The name of the steering wheel is Microsoft SideWinder 4.0.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Press2Esc

Press2Esc

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:07 AM

Posted 17 July 2005 - 10:41 PM

Sounds like a potential driver issue. Check the manufacturers website for newer driver and possible tech assistance. If not available, call their tech support line.

Good Luck

P2E

#3 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:07 AM

Posted 17 July 2005 - 10:49 PM

Just to interject my two cents here..have you checked your device manager to see if there are any problems indicated? If you right click on My Computer, then select properties>Hardware>Device Manager, you will be able to see if there are any yellow exclamation points or red x's beside any of your devices. If there are, that might help you narrow down your issue.

Also, if you can get the error message exactly as it is written, you can search Microsoft's database for similar issues, or other users that may be having the same problems.

EDIT: I have used SideWinder for years, and seem to recall having some kind of driver conflict initially which was corrected with updated software, but that has been quite a long time ago.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users