Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help with VPN

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Dr. Joe

Dr. Joe

• Members
  • 166 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:30 PM

Posted 18 August 2009 - 09:52 AM

Ok so college football season is coming up and I know a bunch of games will be on ESPN360.com. The university internet allows you to view the live feed from the website. However at home, my ISP doesnt. I am allowed to access the university internet from off campus through a vpn. I use "Cisco Systems Inc. VPN Client" to try to hook up to it. Problem is that when i connect it is extremely slow and stops working after about a minute or so. Im not quite sure what to do. I dont know much about VPN clients. Im sure theres some kind of settings or something I can change to make it work. Can somebody help me out. Thanks!

I am using Windows Vista Premium 32 bit and and a WGR614 netgear wireless router

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Dr. Joe

Dr. Joe
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 166 posts
  •  

Posted 09 September 2009 - 01:59 PM

Really? Not one response?

#3 roadclosed

roadclosed

• Members
  • 138 posts
  •  

Posted 09 September 2009 - 04:53 PM

Do you know why your ISP blocks this ?

According to ESPN College Pass

The ESPN College Pass is available exclusively on ESPN360 and is an online subscription package ..

Have you obtained a Pass ?

#4 Monty007

Monty007

• Members
  • 1,151 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:00 AM

Posted 09 September 2009 - 04:55 PM

Hi, first point the connection will be to slow to watch live feeds remotely. Second point to the VPN connection, you connect via VPN and the whole connection is slow? This site may help http://help.expedient.com/vpn/vpntrouble.shtml
MCP
MSDST

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users