Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can not connect to my wireless network ("Due to timeout or user action")

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 JE617

JE617

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:27 PM

Posted 18 August 2009 - 09:16 AM

I have a Sony VIAO laptop. The computer was recently returned to me after being repaired at the Sony repair center but now I'm unable to connect to my home network. When I try it can't connect. When I diagnose the problem I am told that the connection was cancelled and that "this might be due to timeout or user action." I have no idea what this means. All the other laptops in my home can connect to the network just fine and I used to be able to connect to the network as well. I reset the router but that did not correct the problem. My router is a NetGear RangeMax WPN824 v2. Anyone have any idea what the problem might be or how to correct it? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 CaveDweller2

CaveDweller2

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  

Posted 18 August 2009 - 04:19 PM

What OS? Is the wireless card installed correctly? Have you checked Device manager for yellow ! ?

Hope this helps thumbup.gif

Associate in Applied Science - Network Systems Management - Trident Technical College

#3 JE617

JE617
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 18 August 2009 - 07:42 PM

Hello, thanks for responding. I have Windows Vista. I do not use a wireless card, the laptop did not need one. I do not know how to check the Device Manager.

#4 CaveDweller2

CaveDweller2

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  

Posted 18 August 2009 - 10:03 PM

Getting to Device manager - Hold down the Windows key and type the Pause/Break key. On your laptop it might just be the Pause key.

Look in the list for yellow !. Specifically under Network adapters. If there are no yellow !, please post what is listed when you click the + beside Network Adapters.

It sounds to me like when they repaired it a driver got messed up.

Hope this helps thumbup.gif

Associate in Applied Science - Network Systems Management - Trident Technical College

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users