Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Home Network Not Working

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Delta16

Delta16

• Members
  • 417 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:10 PM

Posted 18 August 2009 - 09:04 AM

Hi, I am having trouble connecting to the internet. Since yesterday everything was working fine and as usual, this morning i switched on my pc and no internet was available. I have a network witch includes, 3 pc's, a modem and a router. A small diagram of my network is shown below for you to understand easier.

Posted Image
All the black lines are Cat5-E Cables except the one from the ISP to the modem which is a coax

When i connected a computer directly from the modem, the internet worked but as it is in the diagram it is not working. I thought it was from the router and i went to buy another one, but no luck because it didnt worked either.
The router that i used to work is Conceptronic C100BRS4H and the one i bought today is Edimax BR-6214K.
The modem is Webstar Scientific Atlanta , model EPC2203

Now im suspecting that the problem is from the modem. So i phoned the ISP (internet service provider ) and told them about the problem. They told me the the modem is working fine.

To let you know sometimes there is a lose connection from the ethernet cable to the modem connection plug. I changed several cables and they are all the same. When i told the ISP technical service he told me again that the modem is working fine.

Now i would like to know if i can do something so the router will work fine as it was before.

Thankyou verymuch for spending your time reading this and helping me to solve my problem.

Regards
delta

Edited by Delta16, 18 August 2009 - 09:09 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ThunderZ

ThunderZ

• Deactivated
  • 4,454 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:10 PM

Posted 18 August 2009 - 09:56 AM

What Operating system are you running?

For now I will assume XP.

Try going to Start\run\ type in cmd. At the flashing prompt type in ipconfig /all. (please note the space between ipconfig and the /)

Please do this from all 3 PCs. Then please post the information here.

Edited by ThunderZ, 18 August 2009 - 09:58 AM.

#3 Delta16

Delta16
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 417 posts
  •  

Posted 18 August 2009 - 01:49 PM

I phoned the ISP again and told them to reset the modem from their computer. After the reset it didnt work but about 1 hour ago I reconnected the new router again and it worked. Dont know what happened. Lets hope that nothing new will happen.

Thanks for trying to help me, i really appreciate it.

#4 ThunderZ

ThunderZ

• Deactivated
  • 4,454 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:10 PM

Posted 19 August 2009 - 07:02 AM

Are`t ISPs wonderful?
It is never their fault but magically, without any changes on your end things suddenly start working again.

#5 Delta16

Delta16
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 417 posts
  •  

Posted 23 August 2009 - 02:29 PM

I phoned the ISP again and told them to reset the modem from their computer. After the reset it didnt work but about 1 hour ago I reconnected the new router again and it worked. Dont know what happened. Lets hope that nothing new will happen.

Thanks for trying to help me, i really appreciate it.

Yeah, I agree with you 100%

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users