Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Bizarre DWM Problem After Custom Theme Patching

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_GraysonH_*

Guest_GraysonH_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 18 August 2009 - 01:00 AM

Ok, I patched the dlls necessary to use custom themes with VistaGlazz, and to make a long story short, the DWM.exe process terminates whenever I try to enable aero. For example, I'll try to switch to an aero version of NEXTlevel (name of a theme) and then for a few brief seconds it'll appear to work (change to aero), and then revert back to a Home Basic theme. In order to try and enable an aero theme again, I have to stop the Desktop Windows Manager Session Manager service because it's still running and restart it. At that point dwm.exe will appear in the process list again, but if I try to enable an aero theme it'll disappear (terminate.)

650 Watt Corsair PSU
Nvidia GTX 260
Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 2.4 GHz
3 GB RAM

Oh and YES I do have the latest drivers for my video card. :huh:

Obviously my computer is capable of running Aero, it's just a matter of making it run.

If anyone has had similar problems or has any input on this issue, your responses would be greatly appreciated! I miss my taskbar previews :huh:

Edited by GraysonH, 18 August 2009 - 01:01 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 CoolCatBad

CoolCatBad

• Members
  • 233 posts
  •  

Posted 18 August 2009 - 04:24 AM

VistaGlazz developers CodeGazer have their own forum for troubleshooting, you cannot call this a Vista problem as it is shell hacking you deliberately chose to do.

http://www.codegazer.com/forum/viewforum.p...f7791b75a8b7852

#3 Guest_GraysonH_*

Guest_GraysonH_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 18 August 2009 - 12:14 PM

Well, the problem fixed itself. Case closed.

As for your comment, CoolCatBad, it seems that you want me to feel "dirty" for patching Vista. You sorta shove the problem back on me, saying, "Well you've "hacked" Vista because you patched some dlls, and therefore there's no place for you here. Go off to some other forum to be with your kind of people." The truth is, I manually patched Vista, and when I had some issues with that, I then went back, and repatched with VistaGlazz. Either way I had the same result, so no, it's not a VistaGlazz program issue, it's a just a Vista issue.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users