Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Antivirus scan crashes system

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 CTE

CTE

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:50 AM

Posted 17 July 2005 - 09:03 PM

First I have installed on my system
Win. XP SP2 Home
ZA Pro. version 5.5.094.000, (current)
AVG Free Edition 0.0.323, virus base 267.9.0 as of today
AdAware SE Personal, Build 1.06r1 (current)
MSAntispyware version 5731 (current)
CWShredder version 2.15 (current)
iespyad (also current)
ERUNT
NTREGOPT
HijackThis

Things were going great with this protection/security setup untill July 8th when I updated the AVG 6.0 to AVG 7.0. After this one software update each time I ran the AVG 7.0 the system would crash and lose all power from the UPS to tower. To reboot I had to disconnect the power cord from the UPS and tower, reconnect to each and then use power button to start. I tried using the errior check disk and AVG ran alright one time. Next runinng and it repeated the crash/loss of power cycle. I have tried testing in safe mode with same results, Online/offline w/ same results. Now my settings for two web sites will not stay as set. I have checked the firewall settings. Today I uninstalled AVG 7.0 completly, reinstalled what is show as AVG 0.0.323. After installing this version I was able to run one scan immediatly after installation and it showed as "clean-no viruses". Now when I run AVG the system repeats the crash/loss of power cycle. I also downloaded the Ravantivirus from www.ravantivirus.com site and it also crashed/loss of power. Befor posting a HJT log I thought I will try this forum first. Can anyone help? Thank you. Carl

(moderator edit: clarified topic and moved to more appropriate forum. jgweed)

Edited by jgweed, 17 July 2005 - 10:19 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users