Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

lol @ Bill Gates for trying to control the weather.

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Heafy

Heafy

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:31 PM

Posted 17 August 2009 - 08:48 PM

That is funny, not saying it's not possible with that mans amount of money, but it makes it so much more funny when he's like one of the richest people on Earth. He should make a movie as a parody of 'I Am Legend', 'I Am Gates', or 'I Am God'. What are your opinions on this topic? :thumbsup:
NOD32, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Pro, Spyware Blaster, Super Anti-Spyware. Windows Vista 2gb of RAM, 222 hard drive, Dell Inspirion 530.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 starcraftmaster

starcraftmaster

• Members
  • 1,109 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:31 AM

Posted 18 August 2009 - 09:05 AM

from hell
the bill gates story
Lol

#3 Bezukhov

Bezukhov

Bleepin' Jazz Fan!

• Members
  • 2,591 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:31 PM

Posted 18 August 2009 - 09:26 AM

I can appreciate the humor at Bill Gates expense as much as the next man but Weather Modification has been a topic of research for the Defense Dept. for a very long time. I am not opposed to scientists studying ways to make storms less severe but any findings in that area also assumes that the technology will exist to make them more extreme, not to mention ways to induce drought or floods to control populations. This is an interesting article that goes into more depth about the subject:http://pesn.com/2005/09/06/9600160_Weather_Modification/
To err is Human. To blame it on someone else is even more Human.

#4 ThunderZ

ThunderZ

• Deactivated
  • 4,454 posts
  •  

Posted 18 August 2009 - 09:33 AM

I do`t care who you are, You should not fool with Mother Nature. :thumbsup:

#5 musashi5o

musashi5o

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 21 August 2009 - 02:53 PM

Us folks in the South Eastern US aren't interedted in having anyone mess wit the weather. (Unless we could make summers a little cooler.) Generally, our late summer rains are generated by gulf storms & hurricanes, w/o which we'd have serious water shortage issues. I recognize the tragedy of death & property damage resulting from hurricanes but that has always been part of life.

What are the possible side effects of weather control? Artificially creating rain storms in a dry region takes potential water from another. What happens to the potential energy of a hurricane brewing in the gulf? Energy is neither created nor destroyed. There are always problems when we intervene with the course natural of events.
Just some thoughts.

Musashi
Remember Whose you are.

#6 JohnWho

JohnWho

Who was running the store?

• Members
  • 2,611 posts
  •  

Posted 21 August 2009 - 03:39 PM

Note to all the Administrators of this board:

The board must immediately be nicer to Microsoft and Bill Gates. Many of us live on the East Coast of the US, and with Gates controlling hurricanes, we are now his BFFs. You do want us to remain members of the board, don't you?

:thumbsup:

I know you think you understand what you thought I said,
but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant!

#7 battyhippie

battyhippie

• Members
  • 430 posts
  •  

Posted 21 August 2009 - 08:07 PM

If Gates controls hurricanes as well as he keeps Windows up and running...Good-bye Cruel World!

#8 DnDer

DnDer

• Members
  • 646 posts
  •  

Posted 24 August 2009 - 04:39 PM

I can't wait to see the first help desk ticket generated after the machine crashes.

"Hailing indoors! Don't know what to do! HELP!"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users