Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Sound doesnt work in XP with LAPTOP HP DV 4400

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 !Laziale!

!Laziale!

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:54 AM

Posted 17 August 2009 - 04:10 PM

Hi to all at 1st,
i got problem with LAPTOP HP DV 4400, THAT IS:
I INSTALLED WINDOWS XP ON LAPTOP AT 1ST TIME IT WENT OK, AND THEN WHEN I RESTARTED THE LAPTOP:::::
!!!!THE SOUND IS GONE!!!!! ITS LIKE THAT I DIDNT INSTALLED THE DRIVER!!!! BUT
IN WINDOWS VISTA ALL DRIVERS WENT CORRECT OR BETTER FINE!!!!

SO I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW:
WHY IN WINDOWS XP THE DRIVER SOUND DIDNT WORK! AND IN WINDOWS VISTA IT WORKED!!!

WHATS WRONG???

ANYBODY CAN HELP ME OR SUGGEST WHAT TO DO???

PLEASE!!!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 aommaster

aommaster

I !<3 malware

• Malware Response Team
  • 5,294 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:54 AM

Posted 17 August 2009 - 07:21 PM

Hello

It's possible that Windows XP doesn't come with built-in driver support for that particular sound card, and hence, you'll need to manually install the driver.

This is a common problem with laptops that are downgraded to Windows XP. Many of the people do not realise that Windows Vista comes built in with a number of drivers already installed, unlike Windows XP.

My website: http://aommaster.com
unite_blue.png
Please do not send me PM's requesting for help. The forums are there for a reason : )
If I am helping you and do not respond to your thread for 48 hours, please send me a PM

#3 !Laziale!

!Laziale!
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:54 AM

Posted 18 August 2009 - 06:10 AM

many thnx for help!!!!! :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users