Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Sound Input problem

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Egad Elaine

Egad Elaine

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:09 AM

Posted 17 August 2009 - 02:02 PM

In May I got a new computer, built by PHD Computers in Bend, OR (130 miles from me). It's a basic computer running Windows XP (upgradeable to W7 later on). I got it set up with the LP to CD mixer interface from DAK, and it worked perfectly, and I was able to make a number of LP to CD backups. Then, the beginning of August, suddenly, the sound went out. I took it back to PHD Computers. It seems the sound was a built in part of the Motherboard. But instead of putting in a new motherboard, he put in a separate sound card. My computer now makes the usual sounds, plays music, etc. BUT it will not bring sound in to the computer, except by microphone. It seems that most sound cards have one jack for the microphone and another for the line in. This one seems to have just one jack for both. I wonder if that is the problem. In his tutorial for the LP to CD editor DAK says, "I always wondered why you couldn't just plug your magnetic cartridge into the mike input and equalize the RIAA curve on your computer. But everyone says no. It's the wrong impedance and the wrong equalization and the wrong input level. Oh, well another LP to CD mystery of the universe." So having both in the same jack might be my problem. I don't know anything else to do but get a different sound card. Any ideas?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users