Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Building a computer

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 churnabog

churnabog

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:32 PM

Posted 17 July 2005 - 06:46 PM

Hi. I'm building a new computer, because the one I'm using is very outdated. (Duron 800mhz, Voodoo4 etc.) I just want to know if all these parts are compatible, and everything will work well. I'll mostly be using this computer for gaming. I don't need what will make everything run at full settings, I just want parts that will run the game, but will also be within my $1000 (CND) budget. All prices here are in CND. Thank you.
New computer
I just want to be sure everything will work, and I'm not getting ripped off on anything. Most of these prices were fetched from www.newegg.com, then I converted to CND.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 MartyGeek

MartyGeek

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  

Posted 17 July 2005 - 07:01 PM

Looks OK to me, MSI is not one of my fav mobos, but that's only my opinion, after having a good run with Asus.

I'm gonna sound like an old record soon, but make sure you keep that WD HDD COOL.

The prices look OK to me, but being in Australia, I'll leave the final say on this to one of the Canadian or American members.

M :thumbsup:

#3 Joshuacat

Joshuacat

01001010 01000011

• Members
  • 1,950 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:32 AM

Posted 17 July 2005 - 07:04 PM

Just a note about Newegg...They do not ship to Canada.
The next best place is TigerDirect in Canada.

Good-Luck.
JC

#4 churnabog

churnabog
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 17 July 2005 - 07:39 PM

I was told the MSI is very good. It was either that, or a DFI, but the MSI is more novice friendly, and this will be my first built computer. I plan on getting a fan too. I know they don't ship to Canada, but I'm just using it for prices. I know a place in the city where I can haggle pretty well, so I'm just using that as a goal for the prices for everything. I'll be sure to check out TigerDirect. Thanks guys.

#5 hays47

hays47

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  

Posted 25 July 2005 - 07:53 PM

I have had really bad luck with MSI boards and FCI. I use Asus , Abit or Gigabyte almost exclusively now and have yet to have a problem with any of those. since I offer a two year warranty on my builds ,reliability is my biggest concern.
I plan to live forever , so far , plan is working.

#6 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:32 AM

Posted 25 July 2005 - 10:28 PM

I have a similar MB in my new pc I built(socket 939). MSI has worked very well so do not worry about it. The Computer looks nice! I got a AMD 64 3200 at 2000fsb and it goes!
I hope you will enjoy your new pc!

Edited by cowsgonemadd3, 25 July 2005 - 10:29 PM.

#7 bail_w

bail_w

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 11 August 2005 - 01:46 AM

TigerDIrect Is Ripped Off to Me. but anyway. The Configuration is pretty good

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users