Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Laptop-Xbox- No Ip

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 johnmoring

johnmoring

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:28 AM

Posted 17 August 2009 - 09:00 AM

Hi Guys

About 3 weeks ago my laptop all of a sudden would not get an ip from my router so i could never connect to xbox live throguh my laptop, the only way i could get on live was if i plugged my cable straight to the router. I used to be able to get on live through my laptop but suddenly it has stopped.

I have a Toshiba Laptop,3gb ram, 160gb hdd, i dont know if this helps?

Please help guys

Edited by Orange Blossom, 17 August 2009 - 09:33 PM.
Edited out HiJack This log. ~ OB

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,801 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:28 AM

Posted 17 August 2009 - 09:37 PM

Hello johnmoring,

I have removed the HiJack This log from your topic as we do not analyze them in this forum and because it does not appear as though your issues are malware related.

Please tell us what kind of router you have. That information could help in identifying the problem.

the only way i could get on live was if i plugged my cable straight to the router.

Please clarify what you mean by that. Does this mean that you generally have a wireless connection to the router or do you mean something else?

Orange Blossom :thumbsup:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#3 johnmoring

johnmoring
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:28 AM

Posted 19 August 2009 - 04:13 PM

Hi sorry about that, i dont really know much about this

I used to be able to plug a cat5e crossover ethernet cable into the side of my laptop and the other end into the side of the xbox and be able to get onto xbox live perfectly, then all of a sudden my computer would give me a local only area connection towards the xbox, and the xbox error status would say it could not get an ip.

My router i think is an Epic router, on the front of it ,it says ADSL Wireless Router, i can get on xbox live if i directly plug the ethernet cable into my router and the other end in the xbox.

My laptop has a wireless card built in, and share network connection box is ticked, it just seems weird as one day i was able to go online, now i just cant

Thanks a lot

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users