Posted 17 August 2009 - 08:51 AM
It is ok, I went back again and saw that the v3 one was for XP SP3. I downloaded it and it installed ok and I checked the version number had changed on the msi.dll file properties in Sys32. It updated fine now I shall have to see if it has made any difference.
The program I was downloading was a copy of SP3 from win Downloads in order to make a slipstreamed boot-able disc. I downloaded it 7 times and each time I got the files corrupt message. I solved it by entering Safe Mode and using the Admin account. The funny thing was that the file I used in safe mode was one which I had been told was corrupt in my normal also admin account. This started me thinking the problem was in the installer hence the update.
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-MA770T-UD3, CPU: AMD Athlon II X3 450 Processor, Memory: OCZ 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3 1333MHz,Graphics: PowerColor HD 5750 1GB GDDR5,
PSU: Corsair 430W CX PSU 4x SATA 1x PCI-E, Hard Drive:Samsung SpinPoint F3 500GB Hard Drive SATAII 7200rpm 16MB Cache.