Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Firefox randomly disappears from the taskbar

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 xemirii

xemirii

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:06 AM

Posted 16 August 2009 - 11:46 PM

For a while now, I'll be browsing on firefox, and the button in the taskbar will disappear even though I'm clearly still using firefox. I thought that maybe it was just something odd with the version I had, so I upgraded to the newest one today and it still does it.

No other programs do this, and if I happen to minimize firefox when the button isn't in the taskbar, the only way to get it back open is to go into the task manager and have it 'switch to' so it comes back up. Firefox also runs a lot slower when it's not showing in the taskbar. I don't know why it randomly disappears and unless I use the task manager, I have no idea how to get it to show in the taskbar.

I'm running windows XP and using Firefox version 3.5.2 (the newest one)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 xemirii

xemirii
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 17 August 2009 - 12:30 AM

And if it helps I can also provide a screenshot of what I'm describing if it's unclear and add it to this post.

#3 ThunderZ

ThunderZ

• Deactivated
  • 4,454 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:06 AM

Posted 17 August 2009 - 05:13 AM

Do you have "Hide inactive icons" checked?

#4 xemirii

xemirii
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 17 August 2009 - 09:15 AM

Do you have "Hide inactive icons" checked?

I do, but doesn't hiding inactive icons affect only the notification area?

#5 ThunderZ

ThunderZ

• Deactivated
  • 4,454 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:06 AM

Posted 17 August 2009 - 11:48 AM

Correct you are. brain lapse. My only other thought is, are you running any type of customized theme?

I use stardock and the FF add-on "minimize to tray" so there is no way I will probably experience the same problem.

Do you run any add-ons for FF?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users