Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

cisvc.exe what is this

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 xhanis

xhanis

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:46 PM

Posted 16 August 2009 - 10:49 PM

hello all i want to ask about this thing what is cisvc.exe is this are virus or windows file system

and this cisvc.exe use up to 98% process in cpu usage is their any way to remove it or any explaination about this problem related (always hanging and a slow respond ) in performance cpu usage history always red hope someone will help me

thank you :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 CoolCatBad

CoolCatBad

• Members
  • 233 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:46 AM

Posted 16 August 2009 - 11:07 PM

Content Indexing Service, part of Windows indexing to allow for faster searching for files. It sometimes misbehaves and becomes a CPU hog.

You probably don't need it so open My Computer, right-click the C: drive and choose Properties and untick the "Allow Indexing Service to index this disk for fast file searching" option.

#3 Romeo29

Romeo29

Learning To Bleep

• Members
  • 3,194 posts
  •  

Posted 17 August 2009 - 01:02 PM

You can disable Indexing service like this:
Open Start Menu > Run, type services.msc and press Enter.
Lookup for Indexing Service in the list, double click on it and in the Start up type, select Disabled. Click OK to save settings.

Edited by Romeo29, 17 August 2009 - 01:03 PM.

#4 xhanis

xhanis
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 18 August 2009 - 12:44 AM

so just if i do this it will make the pc better thank

#5 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,552 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:46 PM

Posted 18 August 2009 - 09:01 AM

Disabling indexing...reduces the amount of work the system does. Indexing is not a necessary function.

Turn Off and Disable Search Indexing Service in Windows XP My Digital Life - http://www.mydigitallife.info/2007/09/18/t...-in-windows-xp/

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users