Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

problem in device manager

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 bretmail

bretmail

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:24 PM

Posted 16 August 2009 - 08:06 PM

My internet connection works from my laptop, but I cant access the internet from my desktop computer because the malware knocked out all of my connections
under device manager:
!direct parallel
!linksys wireless g pci adaptor
!linksys wireless g pci adaptor-packet scheduler miniport
!realtek ethernet nic
!realtek ethernet nic-packet scheduler
!wan mini port ip
!wan mini port ip-packet scheduler miniport
!wan mini port l2tp
!wan mini port pppoe
!wan miniport pptp
tried to disable/enable. it didnt work. tried to unistall the pci adaptor and do plug and play. i come up with error code 39- driver corrupted or missing.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ThunderZ

ThunderZ

• Deactivated
  • 4,454 posts
  •  

Posted 16 August 2009 - 09:10 PM

Looks like you may need to track down the drivers an reinstall.

#3 bretmail

bretmail
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 18 August 2009 - 08:30 PM

I updated the drivers for the linksys and ethernet card from realtek. still no luck. i get code 39. where would i get drivers for the direct parallel and lan? the documentation just says windows. i appreciate the help.

#4 ThunderZ

ThunderZ

• Deactivated
  • 4,454 posts
  •  

Posted 19 August 2009 - 06:35 AM

The direct parallel drivers should be on the drivers disk that came with your mobo or PC. Going to the site for on or the other should provide the drivers.

The lan is you network card. Same as above should work. If it is built on to the mobo or if it is an add on card.

Are you sure your PC clean?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users