Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer won't read OS

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 michelle26

michelle26

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:44 AM

Posted 17 July 2005 - 02:01 PM

I have a Fujitsu Lifebook c353. It has Windows 98 and upon starting the computer it displays the Windows 98 screen but then just "sits" there! Help! I am not extremely well versed in computers!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 thedon57

thedon57

• Members
  • 286 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:44 AM

Posted 17 July 2005 - 02:50 PM

Hi next time you start up the computer can you see if there are any error messages on the screen before it goes to windows only you have not give us much info.
Now installed Microsoft Security Essencials on my Tower with Windows Home Premium 32bit and Toshiba Satellite Pro Laptop with Windows Home Premium 64bit

#3 Press2Esc

Press2Esc

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:44 AM

Posted 17 July 2005 - 10:21 PM

I have a Fujitsu Lifebook c353. It has Windows 98 and upon starting the computer it displays the Windows 98 screen but then just "sits" there! Help! I am not extremely well versed in computers!

Michelle,

Are you able to get into SafeMode???

Note: To get into SafeMode You willpress the F8 key, as soon as you see or hear (beep) the system pass the initial diagnostic (POST) test. This event come before you see the Win98 splash screen...

Also, when you see the Win98 screen, press the ESC key and note the commands and error(s) displayed.

P2E

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users