Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Very slow

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 mkelly119

mkelly119

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:04 PM

Posted 16 August 2009 - 12:53 PM

I am no pc expert, but have done pretty well on my own. When ever I reboot I first get a window telling me System changes F1 to setup F2 to continue with no changes then next F4 to expect changes, F9 no changes expected, then I will go to the usual windows start-up window. This has never happened before and I have made no new changes to the bios. I always hit F2 then F9 but this has slowed down since I started getting these 2 windows before I enter into xp. I do have a security package from my ISP and when I scan it finds nothing. could there be a virus in my bios that I cannot scan with the package I have and if so how do I find out and get rid of these two new steps and speed this back up again?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,726 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:04 PM

Posted 16 August 2009 - 02:08 PM

System manufacturer and model?

Please quote the exact message or messages you receive...and exactly what's going on onscreen when they occur.

When is the last time you consider the system to have performed normally?

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users