Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

VISTA WONT LOAD

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 KOTARE

KOTARE

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:16 AM

Posted 16 August 2009 - 04:45 AM

hey there. i am definitely not a windows expert. my mother bought a compaq and its having a few problems. i dont know what my little brother installed on it to make it crash but when i turn it on it goes staight to the startup repair engine and the diagnostic is

System Disk = \Device\Harddisk0
Windows directory = C:\Windows
AutoChk Run = 0
Number of root causes = 1

Root cause found:
Startup Repair has tried several times but still cannot determine the cause of the problem.

system restore doesnt work.

System recovery failed due to an unspecified error.
The system cannot find the file specified, (0x80070002)

She has no original Vista install cd as it came preloaded. What can i do?

The compaq has a recovery manage which asks if i want to backup then reinstall vista. It starts backing up my files and asks me to insert a USB stick but when i do it says there is nothing in the USB drive.

Edited by KOTARE, 16 August 2009 - 04:48 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 CoolCatBad

CoolCatBad

• Members
  • 233 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:16 AM

Posted 16 August 2009 - 05:09 AM

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/documen...387&lang=en

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users