Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL blue screen error randomly

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 nubcaekk

nubcaekk

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:39 PM

Posted 15 August 2009 - 11:24 PM

hi

my computer has a list of problems. i have tried using malwarebytes anti malware but the computer crashes while scanning. I used chkdsk using the windows recovery console and it worked but it did not fix anything.i have also tried to system restore but the system restore function seems to hang and it won't get past next to start it. here are the list of problems

1. cannot boot into safe mode. goes straight to blue screen of death with no error. it just tels me to use chkdsk
2. computer randomly restarts and gives me the DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL blue screen error.
3. cannot use malwarebytes to scan because it leads to blue screen

i also could not get into task manager but fixed that before. the computer i am using is a DELL XPS 400. i'm thinking this is a virus problem or malware problem. another symptom i've been having is fan in power supply is making noise? could that be the problem? can youguys help me? thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,962 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:39 PM

Posted 16 August 2009 - 12:05 AM

Moving to Am I Infected forum for you.
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#3 nubcaekk

nubcaekk
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:39 PM

Posted 16 August 2009 - 05:11 PM

bump please

#4 cdlink

cdlink

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:39 PM

Posted 16 August 2009 - 06:41 PM

I had a similar problem in the past with my old pc. At first I managed to get it to boot by removing all cables from my hard drives, and re-fitting them. It booted fine. But it kept repeating over time ( always cured same way ). I did several things, I replaced the Hard Drive, I replaced the IDE Cable ( old pc ). And the problem repeated, but always curable with re-insertion of the wires. In the end I got a new pc, But in my own opinion, I think the motherboard was naffed.

Just thought I'd tell you what I did, and what to possibly look out for in the future.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users