Regarding P2P programs...Peer-to-Peer Programs Warning
Your log shows that you are using so called peer-to-peer
programs (in your case UTorrent
). These programs allow to share files between users as the name(s) suggest. In today's world cyber crime
has come to an enormous dimension and any means is used to infect personal computers to make use of their stored data or machine power for further propagation of the malware files. A popular means is the use of file-sharing tools as a tremendous amount of prospective victims can be reached through it.
It is therefore possible to be infected by downloading manipulated files via peer-to-peer tools and thus suggested to be used with intense care. Some further readings on this subject, along the included links, are as follows: File-Sharing, otherwise known as Peer To Peer
and Risks of File-Sharing Technology
It is also important to note that sharing entertainment files and proprietary software
infringes the copyright laws in many countries over the world and you are putting yourself at risk of being indicted through organizations watching over the rights of the authors of such files (i.e. the RIAA
for music files, or the MPAA
for movie files in the USA) or the authors of the files themselves.
Naturally there are also legal ways to use these services, such as downloading Linux distributions or office suites such as "Open Office."
It is your decision whether or not you wish to keep your program(s) but I suggest you remove it via add/remove
. However, please refrain from using them until your computer has been declared clean.
Most of what MBAM detected were quarantine items from Combofix and a few system restore points that were infected.
Run a scan with ESET...Run ESET Online Scan
You can refer to this animation by neomage if needed.
- Hold down Control and click on the following link to open ESET OnlineScan in a new window.
- Click the button.
- For alternate browsers only: (Microsoft Internet Explorer users can skip these steps)
- Click on to download the ESET Smart Installer. Save it to your desktop.
- Double click on the icon on your desktop.
- Click the button.
- Accept any security warnings from your browser.
- Push the Start button.
- ESET will then download updates for itself, install itself, and begin scanning your computer. Please be patient as this can take some time.
- When the scan completes, push
- Push , and save the file to your desktop using a unique name, such as ESETScan. Include the contents of this report in your next reply.
- Push the button.
Take a new DDS run afterward and post back with both the DDS and Attach logs in your next reply. Also, let me know how your computer is running and if you have any more problems, issues or symptoms left.