Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I may have a key logger or trojan on my comp

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
22 replies to this topic

#1 unforgvin

unforgvin

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:34 AM

Posted 15 August 2009 - 11:07 PM

Ok my game acc was hacked and that is because somebody got my information somehow and I dont know how lol so I guess I have something on my comp that is sending out my information. anyways here goes a hj log please help me out if you can.

Also some things are running slow and i just want to clean out my system please help thanks

Attached Files

Edited by unforgvin, 16 August 2009 - 06:06 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Elise

Elise

Bleepin' Blonde

• Malware Study Hall Admin
  • 60,829 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:34 PM

Posted 29 August 2009 - 08:53 AM

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer

We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.

If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine.

If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.

Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.

If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.
Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.

Thanks and again sorry for the delay.

We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:
  • Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.
  • Double click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.
  • A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.
  • Notepad will open with the results.
  • Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.
  • Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.
Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet.

Information on A/V control HERE

regards, Elise

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | lockerdome

Malware analyst @ Emsisoft

#3 unforgvin

unforgvin
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted 09 September 2009 - 09:15 PM

nice ill do this when im at that comp atm im on my mac out of town so time to check my other post.

#4 extremeboy

extremeboy

• Malware Response Team
  • 12,975 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:34 AM

Posted 10 September 2009 - 07:54 PM

I'll be helping you once you get the logs posted. :thumbup2:

With Regards,
Extremeboy
Note: Please do not PM me asking for help, instead please post it in the correct forum requesting for help. Help requests via the PM system will be ignored.

If I'm helping you and I don't reply within 48 hours please feel free to send me a PM.

The help you receive here is always free but if you wish to show your appreciation, you may wish to Posted Image.

#5 extremeboy

extremeboy

• Malware Response Team
  • 12,975 posts
  •  

Posted 13 September 2009 - 04:19 PM

Hello.

Are you still there?

If you are please follow the instructions in my previous post.

If you still need help, follow the instructions I have given in my response. If you have since had your problem solved, we would appreciate you letting us know so we can close the topic.

Please reply back telling us so. If you don't reply within 5-7 from the last day I replied initially, the topic will need to be closed.

Thanks for understanding.

With Regards,
Extremeboy
Note: Please do not PM me asking for help, instead please post it in the correct forum requesting for help. Help requests via the PM system will be ignored.

If I'm helping you and I don't reply within 48 hours please feel free to send me a PM.

The help you receive here is always free but if you wish to show your appreciation, you may wish to Posted Image.

#6 extremeboy

extremeboy

• Malware Response Team
  • 12,975 posts
  •  

Posted 15 September 2009 - 06:54 AM

Hello.

Due to Lack of feedback, this topic is now Closed

If you need this topic reopened, please Send Me a Message. In your message please include the address of this thread in your request.
This applies only to the original topic starter.

Everyone else please start a new topic in the Hijackthis-Malware Removal forum.

With Regards,
Extremeboy

#7 extremeboy

extremeboy

• Malware Response Team
  • 12,975 posts
  •  

Posted 09 October 2009 - 03:31 PM

Re-opened upon user's request.

Read this topic and post the logs I need: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/34773/preparation-guide-for-use-before-using-malware-removal-tools-and-requesting-help/

Thanks.

~EB

#8 unforgvin

unforgvin
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted 14 October 2009 - 04:17 PM

I ran this and got 2 logs then I ran it again just to make sure since some things about how my comp is acting is diffrent.

Attached Files

#9 extremeboy

extremeboy

• Malware Response Team
  • 12,975 posts
  •  

Posted 15 October 2009 - 04:52 PM

Hello.

Please visit this webpage for instructions for downloading and running ComboFix:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/combofix/how-to-use-combofix

* Ensure you have disabled all anti virus and anti malware programs so they do not interfere with the running of ComboFix. Refer to this page on instructions on doing so.

Please include the C:\ComboFix.txt in your next reply for further review.

Download and run RootRepeal CR

Please download RootRepeal from the following location and save it to your desktop.
  • Unzip the RootRepeal.zip file it to it's own folder. (If you did not use the "Direct Download" mirror to download RootRepeal).
  • Close/Disable all other programs especially your security programs (anti-spyware, anti-virus, and firewall) Refer to this page, if you are unsure how.
  • Physically disconnect your machine from the internet as your system will be unprotected.
  • Double-click on RootRepeal.exe to run it. If you are using Vista, please right-click and run as Administrator...
  • Click the Posted Image tab at the bottom.
  • Now press the Posted Image button.
  • A box will pop up, check the boxes beside All Seven options/scan area
    Posted Image
  • Now click OK.
  • Another box will open, check the boxes beside all the drives, eg : C:\, then click OK.
  • The scan will take a little while to run, so let it go unhindered.
  • Once it is done, click the Save Report button. Posted Image
  • Save it as RepealScan and save it to your desktop
  • Reconnect to the internet.
  • Post the contents of that log in your reply please.
~Extremeboy

#10 unforgvin

unforgvin
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted 15 October 2009 - 08:14 PM

Got around to part 1 wich is combofix scan and log things are smoother but as you instructed im going to do rootrepeal but at a time when I dont need the net like when I go to bed tonight.

Attached Files

#11 extremeboy

extremeboy

• Malware Response Team
  • 12,975 posts
  •  

Posted 16 October 2009 - 03:17 PM

Hello.

Thought, I would just reply back so you know that I saw you previous post.

I'll await for the RR log once done. Any problems please let me know.

~Extremeboy

#12 unforgvin

unforgvin
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted 19 October 2009 - 01:20 PM

here is the root log u wanted.

Attached Files

#13 extremeboy

extremeboy

• Malware Response Team
  • 12,975 posts
  •  

Posted 19 October 2009 - 02:42 PM

Hello.

Since it has been a while, please take a new DDS run for me and post both the DDS and Attach logs for my next review.

Also, please run a scan with Malwarebytes...

Download and run MalwareBytes Anti-Malware

Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and save it to your desktop.
alternate download link 1
  • Make sure you are connected to the Internet.
  • Double-click on Download_mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
  • When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
  • When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:
    • Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
    • Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
  • Then click Finish.
  • MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan. If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself. Press the OK button to close that box and continue. If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install.
  • On the Scanner tab:
    • Make sure the "Perform Quick Scan" option is selected.
    • Then click on the Scan button.
  • If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button.
  • The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.
  • When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".
  • Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.
  • Back at the main Scanner screen, click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.
  • Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
  • When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad and you may be prompted to restart your computer. (see Note below)
  • The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
  • Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply and exit MBAM.
Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts. Click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process. If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware.

For complete or visual instructions on installing and running Malwarebytes Anti-Malware please read this link

Thanks.

~Extremeboy

#14 unforgvin

unforgvin
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted 22 October 2009 - 11:51 PM

mbam log
new dds logs

Mbam Found crap load of stuff......been at work sorry i took so long.

Attached Files

#15 extremeboy

extremeboy

• Malware Response Team
  • 12,975 posts
  •  

Posted 23 October 2009 - 03:35 PM

Hi.

Regarding P2P programs...

Peer-to-Peer Programs Warning

Your log shows that you are using so called peer-to-peer or file-sharing programs (in your case UTorrent). These programs allow to share files between users as the name(s) suggest. In today's world cyber crime has come to an enormous dimension and any means is used to infect personal computers to make use of their stored data or machine power for further propagation of the malware files. A popular means is the use of file-sharing tools as a tremendous amount of prospective victims can be reached through it.

It is therefore possible to be infected by downloading manipulated files via peer-to-peer tools and thus suggested to be used with intense care. Some further readings on this subject, along the included links, are as follows: File-Sharing, otherwise known as Peer To Peer and Risks of File-Sharing Technology.

It is also important to note that sharing entertainment files and proprietary software infringes the copyright laws in many countries over the world and you are putting yourself at risk of being indicted through organizations watching over the rights of the authors of such files (i.e. the RIAA for music files, or the MPAA for movie files in the USA) or the authors of the files themselves.

Naturally there are also legal ways to use these services, such as downloading Linux distributions or office suites such as "Open Office."

It is your decision whether or not you wish to keep your program(s) but I suggest you remove it via add/remove. However, please refrain from using them until your computer has been declared clean.

--

Most of what MBAM detected were quarantine items from Combofix and a few system restore points that were infected.

Run a scan with ESET...

Run ESET Online Scan
  • Hold down Control and click on the following link to open ESET OnlineScan in a new window.
    ESET OnlineScan
  • Click the Posted Image button.
  • For alternate browsers only: (Microsoft Internet Explorer users can skip these steps)
    • Click on Posted Image to download the ESET Smart Installer. Save it to your desktop.
    • Double click on the Posted Image icon on your desktop.
  • Check Posted Image
  • Click the Posted Image button.
  • Accept any security warnings from your browser.
  • Check Posted Image
  • Push the Start button.
  • ESET will then download updates for itself, install itself, and begin scanning your computer. Please be patient as this can take some time.
  • When the scan completes, push Posted Image
  • Push Posted Image, and save the file to your desktop using a unique name, such as ESETScan. Include the contents of this report in your next reply.
  • Push the Posted Image button.
  • Push Posted Image
You can refer to this animation by neomage if needed.

Take a new DDS run afterward and post back with both the DDS and Attach logs in your next reply. Also, let me know how your computer is running and if you have any more problems, issues or symptoms left.

Thanks.

With Regards,
Extremeboy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users