Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

unistaller

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 polarpimp

polarpimp

• Members
  • 178 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:15 PM

Posted 15 August 2009 - 05:01 PM

is there a unistaller that will let me remove a program? when i got to windows add or remove progams its not listed there. the program is called dvdvideosoft. When i tried to uninstall it my comodo firewall said that it was trying to acces the keyboard directly. i downloaded this from cnet.com

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,261 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:15 PM

Posted 15 August 2009 - 05:29 PM

Did the download also install Ask Toolbar? See info in link below.
http://www.siteadvisor.com/sites/dvdvideos...loads/20517632/

Their forum was no help with uninstall instructions. Bad sign.

Give Revo Uninstaller a go at it. It's FREE.
http://www.revouninstaller.com/

After uninstalling you should run a scan using either MBAM or SAS antispyware.
http://www.superantispyware.com/
http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php
“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#3 polarpimp

polarpimp
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 178 posts
  •  

Posted 15 August 2009 - 06:20 PM

no it did not install ask toolbar. and do you think that there could be malware on my pc?

Edit: Edited to remove unnecessary quote. ~ tg

#4 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,261 posts
  •  

Posted 15 August 2009 - 06:44 PM

I am always suspicious of free programs. I use a lot of them and scan their .exes before installing or running them.
If you use the Firefox Browser you should check their addons, extensions for either the Ask Toolbar and the dvdvideosoft.
“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#5 polarpimp

polarpimp
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 178 posts
  •  

Posted 16 August 2009 - 11:41 AM

is the ask toolbar malicous or something?

Edit: Edited to remove unnecessary quote. ~ tg

#6 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,261 posts
  •  

Posted 16 August 2009 - 04:38 PM

Most would consider it very undesireable. Some programs such as Zone Alarm install Ask unless you
uncheck the install of Spy Blocker. Very deceitful in my book.

I cannot think of any reason a user would want the Ask Toolbar installed. It redirects your searches
and changes your home page.

According to SiteAdvisor (link in my first post) Ask Toolbar 4.1.0.2, Free Audio Dub version 1.4, 1.0.0.1 were
listed in the Add/Remove program after they installed dvdvideosoft. Check to see if you have that listed
in your Add/Remove.

Have you tried the REVO uninstaller?

Edited by buddy215, 16 August 2009 - 04:41 PM.

#7 polarpimp

polarpimp
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 178 posts
  •  

Posted 18 August 2009 - 04:47 PM

yeah i tried it. it didnt find the program that i was trying to uninstall.

Edit: Edited to remove unnecessary quote. ~ Animal

#8 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,261 posts
  •  

Posted 19 August 2009 - 05:09 AM

According to SiteAdvisor the name of the program that gets installed is Free Audio Dub version 1.4, 1.0.0.1. That
is the name that showed up in their Add/Remove after installing.
Ask Revo to search for and uninstall that program. If you haven't already.

See if you have this file. c:\Program Files\Common Files\DVDVideoSoft\Uninstall.exe
If it is there, try to run it. There is likely other Uninstall.exe on your computer so be sure to follow the file
path given.

Edited by buddy215, 19 August 2009 - 05:48 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users