Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

windows xp component, missing sonic,inf file HUH!!!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Dreamwaker51_*

Guest_Dreamwaker51_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 15 August 2009 - 02:57 PM

I have windows xp, usually it works pretty good. However, recently I have had one too many problems with my sonic DVD plus, most of it would not work, so I uninstalled it. I think I might of inadvertently removed something called sonic.inf. Because later on when I went to add and remove some windows components, I get this darn error message, missing sonic.inf file contact systems administrator. I ran both virus scan, spyware and maleware programs thinking I'd picked up a bug, and they showed no problems. I am not a computer geek TOTALLY LOST ON THIS ONE, HHHHHHHHHEEELLPPP!

Thanks a bunch, Deana. :flowers: :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,248 posts
  •  

Posted 15 August 2009 - 05:08 PM

Hi :thumbsup:.

Any .inf file should be a driver, let me look it up.

I don't see anything conclusive on it, so I would not worry about it...it's not an XP file (which means that it's expendable).

The exact error message would reflect context and location.

Louis

#3 Guest_Dreamwaker51_*

Guest_Dreamwaker51_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 15 August 2009 - 10:47 PM

OOOPPPPSSS!! I swear my brain is on vacation without me. This is the exact message I get when I try to add/remove windows component. Setup was unable to open information file sonic.inf. Contact your system administrator. The specific error code is 0x2 at line 0.

Thanks Deana

Edited by Dreamwaker51, 15 August 2009 - 10:48 PM.

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,248 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:30 AM

Posted 16 August 2009 - 10:01 AM

I still don't see anything on the Web which enlightens me.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users