Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

AVGCORE

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 PCIlliterateGal

PCIlliterateGal

• Members
  • 284 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:13 PM

Posted 17 July 2005 - 10:04 AM

Whenever I turn on my computer, I get a message saying, 'While intializing device AVGCORE: Windows protection error. You need to restart your computer.' I cannot boot up normally, only in Safe Mode. Once I log on in Safe Mode, then restart, I don't get the error message and everything seems to work fine.

I've had AVG for a few months but this problem began just recently. Is there anything I can do to fix the problem, should I reinstall AVG?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:13 AM

Posted 17 July 2005 - 10:50 AM

See if anything here, helps you out:
AVGCORE
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 Scarlett

Scarlett

Bleeping Diva

• Members
  • 7,479 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:13 AM

Posted 17 July 2005 - 01:27 PM

Whenever I turn on my computer, I get a message saying, 'While intializing device AVGCORE: Windows protection error. You need to restart your computer.' I cannot boot up normally, only in Safe Mode. Once I log on in Safe Mode, then restart, I don't get the error message and everything seems to work fine.

I've had AVG for a few months but this problem began just recently. Is there anything I can do to fix the problem, should I reinstall AVG?

I was receiving the same error. I followed the instructions, found in the link given by tg1911 in his above post. AVG CORE

Up to a certain point that is.

This is the part I did:

Next, run Disk Cleanup to clear your temp files and Scandisk to ensure your disk doesn't have errors on it.

1. Download the latest AVG Free installation package from [free.grisoft.com]
2. Run the AVG Free install file
3. Choose the Repair option and follow the setup wizard
4. Restart your computer then test...

And so far so good. :thumbsup: Computer booted up just fine. With no sign of the prior error. This is not to say, that you should not do all of the other suggested directions. You may still want to, to make sure everything is ok. Just for your own peace of mind. I'll leave that decision up to you.

{Thanks tg}
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users