Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Dos help Echo command

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 tango

tango

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:59 PM

Posted 17 July 2005 - 10:02 AM

Hi to u all,

I hope anyone can help me with this i have written a batch file Please see out put

not the best:
@ECHO OFF
CLS
cd installs

setup.exe

@Echo OFF

CLS

exit

Well basically what i am trying to do is to run a setup programme, batch file works perfect, but when i execute it i get a cmd shell open, i was wondering how to put a message saying Please wait... when i execute the batch file. with ou showing any of the other commands. Please help.
Thanks.

//Mod edit: Post moved from "Apple/DOS/PDA/Other" to the more appropriate forum.

Edited by KoanYorel, 17 July 2005 - 11:14 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Joshuacat

Joshuacat

01001010 01000011

• Members
  • 1,950 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:59 PM

Posted 17 July 2005 - 05:48 PM

It's been a few years since I had to do this but I think this would work.

@Echo This batch file is a test by Joshuacat <===displays a message on the screen

Pause <===you probably don't want this...I added it to see my message

@echo off <====turns display of message/commands off
cd\
cd windows

exit

Here's a page with tutorials and sample batch files.

DOS BATCH FILE WEBSITE HELP

Let me know if that helped.
JC

#3 DarkRaika

DarkRaika

• Members
  • 58 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:59 AM

Posted 12 November 2005 - 01:36 PM

Hi to u all,

@ECHO OFF
CLS
cd installs

setup.exe

@Echo OFF

CLS

//Mod edit: Post moved from "Apple/DOS/PDA/Other" to the more appropriate forum.

Ok the above is your code. Now I'm presuming you have a setup.exe file in a directory located at c:\installs
The problem with what you have put up there is that your setup.bat file your creating could be anywere on your computer and were ever it is its going to attempt to go cd installs and it may not work so therefore you want a change there. You also have another clear screen command which I don't see any need in because when you go @echo off theres nothing on the screen anyway from the previous @echo off. So this is what you do. Oh and you want a .... Please wait on the screen so theres something else I'm going to add.

@echo off
cls
cd\installs
echo ... Please wait while installing
setup.exe
cls

Thats pretty much your whole code I think and by the way in DOS if you want to start creating batch file to type this in you type
copy con setup.bat
followed by a
Crtl+Z to finish at the end after typing the code.

I hope this helps somewhat cause I'm not completely sure of what you were trying to do. There might be an issue with needing a Path statement. Should do some research about that.

31337 is a prime number .... 1337 is not .... go figure!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users