Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

computer shutsdown

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 nuni71

nuni71

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:29 PM

Posted 17 July 2005 - 09:52 AM

Ive started playing raise of nations about two weeks ago. In the last couple of days half way trough the game my laptop shutdown for no apparent reason. I can't figure it out.

(mod edit: moved to more appropriate forum. jgweed)

Edited by jgweed, 17 July 2005 - 10:10 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 legoman786

legoman786

• Members
  • 684 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:29 PM

Posted 17 July 2005 - 01:01 PM

most likely its the heat thats getting to it, are you playing on a carpeted floor or a hard surface?i had the same problem on my dads laptop, when i found out that heat is any elctronics worst enemy i put the laptop on little riser blocks one on each corner and one in the middle created more space for the air to move and solved my problem.

Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.
- Rick Cook

#3 maxman

maxman

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:29 PM

Posted 18 July 2005 - 08:18 PM

If it is a heat problem, which is likely on a laptop, try blowing some compressed air in the vents for the fan. This will blow out dust that is causing it to heat up. My Dell was having this same problem. It would just shut down with no error message or anything. Now, I turn my computer off and blow it out ever couple of weeks and it works fine. If it is a heat problem you should see a little puff of dust as you blow it out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users