Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problem connecting with Belkin

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 shaly777

shaly777

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:06 PM

Posted 15 August 2009 - 10:30 AM

My network connection is not working anymore.
Previously I had both my computers working and I disconnected to add RAM to one. Now I cannot get them to reconnect. Either of the computers will work seperately connected straight to my modem. But they seem to not want to work via the router anymore.
I got a message from Belkin CD Setup saying it could not connect to the router via any of my network adapters in the computer. And I am pretty certain I have all of the cables connected properly. It was connected and working properly before I disconnected it all.
The Network Wizard is telling me that my Broadcam 440 Integrated Controller is disconnected.
What does that mean? I went through the device manager to try and update the driver and it said it was fine. It advised me to attempt to roll back driver and there was none to roll back to.
What does this sound like the problem is? HELP PLEASE.
Thank you!
Who is this King of glory?.....Psalm 24:8
He is the Way, the Truth and the Life...John 14:6
His Name is Jesus!...Matthew 1:21

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ThunderZ

ThunderZ

• Deactivated
  • 4,454 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:06 PM

Posted 15 August 2009 - 10:33 AM

Sounds like you do have a cable in a wrong port. On the router all PCs should be connected to the ports marked LAN.

#3 shaly777

shaly777
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:06 PM

Posted 15 August 2009 - 10:59 AM

Ok I have a little silver Motorola modem, and a Belkin G Wireless USB Network Adapter and a Belkin Router. The adapter is connected to a Dell Dimension 2400 and the router is hooked up to a Compaq Presario. The light on the adapter is not coming on, but the computer reads it as new hardware. All the lights on router are green. There is no port on the router marked LAN. There are 4 marked wire and one has a yellow encasing.
Does that help any?
Who is this King of glory?.....Psalm 24:8
He is the Way, the Truth and the Life...John 14:6
His Name is Jesus!...Matthew 1:21

#4 ThunderZ

ThunderZ

• Deactivated
  • 4,454 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:06 PM

Posted 15 August 2009 - 11:24 AM

If it reads it as new hardware then it does not know what it is or what to do with it.

Normally when installing any USB device it wants the software installed first. at some point during the install it will tell you to plug in the device. Also, if you unplugged the USB device and are not careful about plugging it back into the same USB port Windows installs a new driver for it every time.

I would unplug the adapter, go into device manager, uninstall all instances of the adapter that may show up also any USB root hubs. Restart the machine. Windows will reinstall the root hubs automatically.

Check the drivers disk that came with the adapter. If it run this disk first then do so. Be ready to plug in the adapter when requested.

So how this works out. Then we will go from there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users