Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

connects, then disconnects

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 vancreef

vancreef

• Members
  • 52 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:29 AM

Posted 15 August 2009 - 04:18 AM

i have a Belkin wireless router, that transmits to both my laptop, and my PC. The other day, my PC kept connecting, then disconnecting to the wireless network. My laptop is still on and having no probs, but i just can't work out what has happened with my PC. Tried running allsorts of network set-up wizard things, but nothing works. I even tried a different network adaptor, but it does the exact same thing. It does it every 5 seconds, "connected, signal strength excellent", then 5 secs later, "not connected". One other thing i noticed is that, when i try to use Windows 'Help and Support', i get a message saying "i need to start the service". Do i have a virus? I have AVG Free 8.5, and Comodo Firewall Pro, which so far, have done a good job at looking after my PC. I am running windows XP SP2. Any help and advice is really welcome, as it is doing my head in. Cheers. Vancreef.

Edited by vancreef, 15 August 2009 - 04:18 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 criesofjoy

criesofjoy

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:29 AM

Posted 16 August 2009 - 02:38 PM

I've got the same router and basically the same problem. I play games like perfect world/last chaos/silkroad/etc. Whenever i log on i
'll be logged on playing fine then disconnect. This happens over and over until I get sick of it and leave.

So if anyone can respond to this post itll help alot.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users