Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I need help. All desktop items are gone, mail gone, browsers reset.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 mr2005

mr2005

• Members
  • 61 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:08 PM

Posted 15 August 2009 - 01:32 AM

turn on my pc and i get a funny box during start up saying windows is trying to install internet explorer. strange because i use firefox and i don't think i had IE on my pc. sits forever and then I start in safe mode and everything looks differnt..my desktop items are gone.

I was able to reboot and it loaded but here is what wrong.

all my desktop folders gone.

setting seem to have reset as the resolution is different. I only have 4 program icons on my desktop ( lightroom, malwarebytes( i was removing a virus and thought it was gone) quicken and a game. MY desktop icon, mail icon for Thunderbird, and files, etc are gone. my hard drive is partitioned and everything on the other partition seems to be intact.

my browser lost all my bookmarks and settings.

Any guess as to what happened?

how can i restore my pc?

thanks to anyone that can offer help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jrvic15

jrvic15

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:08 AM

Posted 15 August 2009 - 01:43 AM

Hi there.. :flowers: