Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help - Disable Safe Mode Boot

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 DCWyld

DCWyld

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:28 AM

Posted 14 August 2009 - 11:11 PM

Wow, you get a new one all the time. Here is the problem. I believe when I was trying to remove virus using Malwarebytes, I selected to boot to safe mode option in MB. It blue screened 5 or more times. So I decided to do a Windows repair. Now after it does the first reboot on the repair, the system wants to boot to safe mode instead of booting to normal mode. Then says setup cannot continue in safe mode. It happens over and over. Is there a way to edit the registry using like BartPE to boot into normal mode to complete the Windows repair? Or is there a way to cancel the Windows repair installation. Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jrvic15

jrvic15

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:28 AM

Posted 15 August 2009 - 02:01 AM

What was the error in the Blue Sreen?can you tell me whats the exact error that you see in it..

#3 carldu

carldu

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:28 AM

Posted 15 August 2009 - 03:16 AM

Hi,
There's a tutorial about safe mode that talks about this issue (common problem which explains why it is not advisable to go to safe mode using msconfig -if that's what you did- , and much better using the F8 at boot method) It gives advice about how to deal with it:
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/how-to-start-windows-in-safe-mode/
(The issue is mentionned towards the bottom of the page) I hope it helps..
Good luck

Edited by carldu, 15 August 2009 - 03:21 AM.

update: Doc Satan and the BPC team Rock!

"They say life is hard, but just imagine if it was limp!"

#4 DCWyld

DCWyld
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:28 AM

Posted 15 August 2009 - 10:56 PM

Thank you. Should be able to edit the boot.ini and get to boot into normal mode. I set the antispyware software to boot into safe to see if it would help, tried this hours before trying the Windows Recovery. Got myself in a pickle. Thanks, I'll give it a try. Did not get to see the BS, has bad malware on it. I believe it inserted a driver type software preventing the boot into safe mode to begin with.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users