Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

winishield removal

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Torzah

Torzah

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:57 PM

Posted 14 August 2009 - 10:59 PM

The instructions given by Grinler on this matter is good advice and the registry entries need to be removed...but that is not the end...this program drove me crazy and I was relentlessly determined to rid my computer of this fraudulant garbage...first it gives the impression it is a windows component and then proceeds to constantly bombard your computer with false spyware and virus notices...as I said...Grinler's advice is valid and worth doing...but there is a file called LWGEWVBY.EXE in the C:\windows\system 32 folder that get's into your startup and executes upon starting your computer, it disguses itself as a windows security center file. There is also a file called LWGEWVBY.EXE-035AE5DC.pf in your C:\windows\prefetch folder...both these files need to be deleted. Uninstall program...follow Grinler's advice with the registry entries...open task manager...end process: LWGEWVBY.EXE...delete those files...use Tweaknow registry cleaner and delete LWGEWVBY.EXE from your startup...you should be rid of winishield :thumbsup: . Hope my explanation is understandable.

I wish there was a way to report these fraudulant software companies and have charges brought up against them!!!

OOps...should have looked closer....guess I should have posted this in a different section....Moderator? Whoever....move to proper section please.

Edited by Torzah, 14 August 2009 - 11:05 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:57 PM

Posted 15 August 2009 - 11:12 AM

If you would have posted in the Am I Infected forum you would have been instructed to use Auto runs:
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinte...s/bb963902.aspx
to kill the process at Startup
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users