Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

google update.exe app error

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 teddi

teddi

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:25 PM

Posted 14 August 2009 - 10:08 PM

I keep getting an error and when I send the report to windows it tell me it is
a uacd.sys malware. I have PC tools spyware dr and have run it. I've installed
SuperAntispyware but I continue getting an error say it has encountered a problem
and needs to close. I believe this is because of the infection. What can I do to
rid my computer of this?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Computer Pro

Computer Pro

• Members
  • 2,448 posts
  •  

Posted 14 August 2009 - 10:19 PM

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer.

Please subscribe to your topic so that you will be notified as soon as I post a reply, instead of you having to check the topic all of the time. This will allow you to get an email notification when I reply.

To subscribe, go to your topic, and at the top right hand corner by your first post, click the Options button and then click Track this topic. The bullet the immediate notification bubble. Then press submit.

Lets take a look with Malwarebytes

Please download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from here:
Malwarebytes
Please rename the file BEFORE downloading to zztoy.exe instead of mbam-setup.exe

MBAM may "make changes to your registry" as part of its disinfection routine. If using other security programs that detect registry changes (ie Spybot's Teatimer), they may interfere or alert you. Temporarily disable such programs or permit them to allow the changes.

Double Click zztoy.exe to install the application.
* Make sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.
* If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
* Once the program has loaded, select "Perform Full Scan", then click Scan.
* The scan may take some time to finish,so please be patient.
* When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
* Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
* When disinfection is completed, a log will open in Notepad and you may be prompted to Restart.(See Extra Note)
* The log is automatically saved by MBAM and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
* Copy&Paste the entire MBAM report (even if it does not find anything) in your next reply

Extra Note:
If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove,you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts,click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process, if asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately.

If Malwarebytes won't install or run

Some types of malware will disable MBAM and other security tools. If MBAM will not install, try renaming it. Right-click on the mbam-setup.exe file and change the .exe extension to .bat, .com, .pif, or .scr and then double-click on it to run.

If after installation, MBAM will not run, open the Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware folder in Program Files, right-click on mbam.exe and change the .exe as noted above. Then double-click on it to run.
Computer Pro

#3 teddi

teddi
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 17 August 2009 - 11:50 AM

I've tried to run this program, but the program continues to freeze up. It has been difficult to start the computer in normal mode. What is the next option?

#4 Computer Pro

Computer Pro

• Members
  • 2,448 posts
  •  

Posted 17 August 2009 - 12:45 PM

Lets try to get Malwarebytes to run:

let's try Fatdcuk's fix.

Please navigate to the MBAM folder located in the Program Files directory.

Locate MBAM.exe and rename it to winlogon.exe

Once renamed double click on the file to open MBAM and select Quick Scan

At the end of the scan click Remove Selected and then reboot.

Post the scan log. The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply. Be sure to post the complete log to include the top portion which shows MBAM's database version and your operating system.
Computer Pro

#5 teddi

teddi
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 18 August 2009 - 09:40 PM

Ok, finally got a quick scan, removed selected and rebooted. Now I have a message "Windows cannot find c:\program files\malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbam.exe'. Make sure you typed the name correctly and then try again. To search for a file, clikc the start button an dthen click search". When I click OK on this, I have a screen with no icons or start button to do anything. It is just the background. What to do next? Thanks for you patience!

#6 teddi

teddi
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 18 August 2009 - 09:44 PM

I just got things up again, but have another alert. "the application or DLL globalroot\systemroot\system32\UACetamybwucb.dll is not a valid Windows image. Please check against your installation diskette". I'm going to try to post the note file from Malware for you next.

#7 teddi

teddi
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 18 August 2009 - 09:53 PM

Here is the mbam log:
Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.40
Database version: 2637
Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2

8/18/2009 10:23:42 PM
mbam-log-2009-08-18 (22-23-42).txt

Scan type: Quick Scan
Objects scanned: 150964
Time elapsed: 8 minute(s), 5 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0
Memory Modules Infected: 0
Registry Keys Infected: 9
Registry Values Infected: 3
Registry Data Items Infected: 0
Folders Infected: 4
Files Infected: 13

Memory Processes Infected:
(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Infected:

Registry Keys Infected:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MsSC2 (Trojan.Downloader) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\mwc (Malware.Trace) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\wkey (Malware.Trace) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\FCOVM (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Multimedia\WMPlayer\Schemes\f3pss (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\net (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Weather Services (Adware.Hotbar) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\UAC (Rootkit.Trace) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\xpreapp (Malware.Trace) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Registry Values Infected:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar\WebBrowser\{014da6c9-189f-421a-88cd-07cfe51cff10} (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\MenuExt\&Search\(default) (Adware.Hotbar) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Control Panel\Cpls\wxfw.dll (Adware.Hotbar) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Registry Data Items Infected:

Folders Infected:
C:\Documents and Settings\a\Application Data\gadcom (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\Ethan.TEDDI\Application Data\gadcom (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files\Bug Doctor (Rogue.BugDoctor) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\15513904 (Rogue.Multiple) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Files Infected:
C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\plugins\NPAskSBr.dll (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files\Bug Doctor\BugDoctor.exe (Rogue.BugDoctor) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\15513904\15513904 (Rogue.Multiple) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\Ethan.TEDDI\My Documents\My Documents.url (Trojan.Zlob) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\Ethan.TEDDI\My Documents\My Music\My Music.url (Trojan.Zlob) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\Ethan.TEDDI\My Documents\My Pictures\My Pictures.url (Trojan.Zlob) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\Ethan.TEDDI\My Documents\My Videos\My Video.url (Trojan.Zlob) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ClickToFindandFixErrors_US.ico (Malware.Trace) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\critical_warning.html (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\delself.bat (Malware.Trace) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\mcrh.tmp (Malware.Trace) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\uacinit.dll (Trojan.Agent) -> Delete on reboot.
C:\Documents and Settings\Ethan.TEDDI\Favorites\Run Virus Scan.url (Trojan.Zlob) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

#8 Computer Pro

Computer Pro

• Members
  • 2,448 posts
  •  

Posted 19 August 2009 - 11:43 AM

Rootrepeal time:

Please install RootRepeal

Go HERE, and download RootRepeal.zip to your Desktop.
Tutorial with images ,if needed >> L@@K
Unzip that to your Desktop and then click RootRepeal.exe to open the scanner.

*Open the folder and double-click on RootRepeal.exe to launch it. If using Vista, right-click and Run as Administrator...
* Click on the FILES tab, then click the Scan button.
* In the Select Drives, dialog Please select drives to scan: select all drives showing, then click OK.
* When the scan has completed, a list of files will be generated in the RootRepeal window.
* Click on the Save Report button and save it as rootrepeal.txt to your desktop or the same location where you ran the tool from.
* Open rootrepeal.txt in Notepad and copy/paste its contents in your next reply.
* Exit RootRepeal and be sure to re-enable your anti-virus, Firewall and any other security programs you had disabled.

Please note: If Rootrepeal fails to run, try this step: Click Settings - Options. Set the Disk Access slider to High

Note 2: If RootRepeal cannot complete a scan and results in a crash report, try repeating the scan in "Safe Mode".
Computer Pro

#9 teddi

teddi
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 19 August 2009 - 07:15 PM

Here you go:
ROOTREPEAL © AD, 2007-2009
==================================================
Scan Start Time: 2009/08/19 20:10
Program Version: Version 1.3.3.0
Windows Version: Windows XP SP2
==================================================

Hidden/Locked Files
-------------------
Path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\UACchthxdhirj.dll

Path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\UACetamybwucb.dll

Path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\UACgxcjhasfejsiawwko.dll

Path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\uacinit.dll

Path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\UACitifykxrmiurexjab.dat

Path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\UACjpnenvptpkiwayfrl.dll

Path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\UACmmnwmucesfdgblpus.dll

Path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\UACowoipwverbtvotexo.db

Path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\UACuweplwopap.dll

Path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\UACvpqfilhbbm.dat

Path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\UACxowoabmgjdcgnfuhq.dll

Path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\UACxyjddgvadetkyvbgv.dll

Path: C:\WINDOWS\temp\UAC5697.tmp

Path: C:\WINDOWS\temp\UAC5b3a.tmp

Path: C:\WINDOWS\temp\UAC5d4d.tmp

Path: C:\WINDOWS\temp\UAC766b.tmp

Path: C:\WINDOWS\temp\UAC78cc.tmp

Path: C:\WINDOWS\temp\UACcf41.tmp

Path: C:\WINDOWS\temp\UACecf0.tmp

Path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\UACtpoicewebcrkxidft.sys

Path: C:\Documents and Settings\Ethan.TEDDI\Local Settings\Temp\UACae77.tmp

Path: c:\documents and settings\teddi glass\application data\skype\lil.eezie\etilqs_npg2hkw7if6kroeimkoo

Path: c:\documents and settings\teddi glass\application data\skype\lil.eezie\etilqs_qejfbxynecjrhpycysl2

Path: c:\documents and settings\teddi glass\application data\skype\lil.eezie\etilqs_uhfjovqghohnkr8dogou

Path: c:\documents and settings\teddi glass\application data\skype\lil.eezie\etilqs_0kr47mnundoeabalbb08

Path: c:\documents and settings\teddi glass\application data\skype\lil.eezie\etilqs_2iyse3s8emqs5undfsfk

Path: c:\documents and settings\teddi glass\application data\skype\lil.eezie\etilqs_4tvg9cnvvuciakvhyiqy

Path: c:\documents and settings\teddi glass\application data\skype\lil.eezie\etilqs_8ygezh8kqfofvcpscq2g

Path: c:\documents and settings\teddi glass\application data\skype\lil.eezie\etilqs_a3jc15gfoexqrkv2pb3h

Path: c:\documents and settings\teddi glass\application data\skype\lil.eezie\etilqs_bhtim5f9wdccch3wcrly

Path: c:\documents and settings\teddi glass\application data\skype\lil.eezie\etilqs_dzeiywvsbi6dfakscgpg

#10 Computer Pro

Computer Pro

• Members
  • 2,448 posts
  •  

Posted 20 August 2009 - 05:53 PM

Path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\UACtpoicewebcrkxidft.sys

Please right click on this file, and select Wipe File. Then reboot, and run a Quick Scan with Malwarebytes.
Computer Pro

#11 teddi

teddi
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 20 August 2009 - 09:00 PM

okay done the wipe and scan. Is there another step or steps in this process?
Do you have any suggestions to keep this from happening in the future?
I can't stand over my son every minute he is on the computer and he
has to use it for school work. I appreciate all the time you have taken
helping me.

#12 Computer Pro

Computer Pro

• Members
  • 2,448 posts
  •  

Posted 21 August 2009 - 04:53 PM

There are a couple more steps. Also, you need to install an AntiVirus software as Spyware Doctor, is just an anti-spyware. You need to have both.

Next step:

Please run ATF and SAS:
Credits to Boopme

Note.. SAS doesn't open the registry hives for other user accounts on the system, so scans should be done from each user account.

Note 2: On Vista, "Windows Temp" is disabled. To empty "Windows Temp" ATF-Cleaner must be "Run as an Administrator".

From your regular user account..
Download Attribune's ATF Cleaner and then SUPERAntiSpyware, Free Home Edition

Save both to desktop ..
DO NOT run yet.
Open SUPER from icon and install and Update it
Under Scanner Options make sure the following are checked (leave all others unchecked):
Close browsers before scanning.
Scan for tracking cookies.
Terminate memory threats before quarantining.
Click the "Close" button to leave the control center screen and exit the program. DO NOT run yet.

Now reboot into Safe Mode: How to enter safe mode(XP)
Using the F8 Method
Restart your computer.
When the machine first starts again it will generally list some equipment that is installed in your machine, amount of memory, hard drives installed etc. At this point you should gently tap the F8 key repeatedly until you are presented with a Windows XP Advanced Options menu.
Select the option for Safe Mode using the arrow keys.
Then press enter on your keyboard to boot into Safe Mode.

Double-click ATF-Cleaner.exe to run the program.
Under Main "Select Files to Delete" choose: Select All.
Click the Empty Selected button.

If you use Firefox or Opera browser click that browser at the top and choose: Select All
Click the Empty Selected button.
If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.
Click Exit on the Main menu to close the program.

NOW Scan with SUPER
Open from the desktop icon or the program Files list
On the left, make sure you check C:\Fixed Drive.
Perform a Complete scan. After scan,Verify they are all checked.
Click OK on the summary screen to quarantine all found items.
If asked if you want to reboot, click "Yes" and reboot normally.

To retrieve the removal information after reboot, launch SUPERAntispyware again.
Click Preferences, then click the Statistics/Logs tab.
Under Scanner Logs, double-click SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log.
If there are several logs, click the current dated log and press View log.
A text file will open in your default text editor.
Please copy and paste the Scan Log results in your next reply.
Click Close to exit the program.
Computer Pro

#13 teddi

teddi
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 22 August 2009 - 08:02 AM

Here is the Superscan info:
SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log
http://www.superantispyware.com

Generated 08/22/2009 at 02:03 AM

Application Version : 4.27.1002

Core Rules Database Version : 4067
Trace Rules Database Version: 2007

Scan type : Complete Scan
Total Scan Time : 04:19:13

Memory items scanned : 310
Memory threats detected : 0
Registry items scanned : 6378
Registry threats detected : 10
File items scanned : 106071
File threats detected : 6

Adware.MyWebSearch
HKU\.DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Stats\{00A6FAF1-072E-44CF-8957-5838F569A31D}
HKU\.DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Stats\{07B18EA1-A523-4961-B6BB-170DE4475CCA}
HKU\S-1-5-18\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Stats\{00A6FAF1-072E-44CF-8957-5838F569A31D}
HKU\S-1-5-18\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Stats\{07B18EA1-A523-4961-B6BB-170DE4475CCA}

Adware.MyWay
HKU\.DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Stats\{014DA6C1-189F-421A-88CD-07CFE51CFF10}
HKU\.DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Stats\{014DA6C9-189F-421A-88CD-07CFE51CFF10}
HKU\S-1-5-18\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Stats\{014DA6C1-189F-421A-88CD-07CFE51CFF10}
HKU\S-1-5-18\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Stats\{014DA6C9-189F-421A-88CD-07CFE51CFF10}

Rootkit.Agent/Gen-UAC
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\UACITIFYKXRMIUREXJAB.DAT

Rogue.HomeAntiVirus2010
HKLM\SOFTWARE\HomeAntivirus2010
HKLM\SOFTWARE\HomeAntivirus2010#info

Application.PowerReg Scheduler
C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\ETHAN GLASS\START MENU\PROGRAMS\STARTUP\POWERREG SCHEDULER V3.EXE

Adware.Casino Games (Golden Palace Casino)
C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\ETHAN.TEDDI\MY DOCUMENTS\VEGAS RED CASINO\CASINO.EXE

Trace.Known Threat Sources
C:\Documents and Settings\a\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\Z148O3VB\288_[1].htm
C:\Documents and Settings\a\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\PCBIZR5J\rp[1].txt
C:\Documents and Settings\a\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\AGTTJNNB\rp[1].txt

#14 Computer Pro

Computer Pro

• Members
  • 2,448 posts
  •  

Posted 22 August 2009 - 10:24 AM

Ok, how are things running now?
Computer Pro

#15 teddi

teddi
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 22 August 2009 - 12:55 PM

Seems to be running fine. What anti-virus program do you suggest?
Thank you for all your help, it has been much easier with your direction.
I thought I was going to have to reinstall the operating program to make
things work again. This website is a great help to those of us that don't
know very much about computers!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users