Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Did repair on Win XP Pro from 2001 No USB drivers

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 DawnDarice08

DawnDarice08

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:39 PM

Posted 14 August 2009 - 09:51 PM

Hello -

I'm not very confident here; I'm 1 step over a newbie. My father, on a desktop, somehow got stuck in a situation where all he could get into was safe mode & the BIOS (his safe mode is screwy because it shows the words safe mode in each corner & the screen is otherwise blank.) I did the repair & not the full restore for his WIN XP Pro. He has a generic computer that was put together by a friend (Systemax Venture.) I cannot find the drivers for his 3 USB ports, so everything being done is on dial-up. Nothing is in the device drivers. I do not want to reinstall the entire OS on dial up (or at all actually.) The motherboard is Biostar-usa.com blah, blah - Going there to get drivers is useless. It offers a USB host controller which almost downloads & then I get a Triangular message that says "Device not found!" I've tried it with his Netgear plugged in (as well as the printer.) & with nothing plugged in. It's a Netgear Wireless 2.0 adapter, & he has the install disk w/supposed drivers for it. Everywhere that I go I try to find a USB 2.0 adapter but I've had no luck. It was very frustrating to load all of the updates in dial-up, but I thought that it might help. I've seen that Serv. Pack 1 supposedly had the USB drivers. Microsoft no longer supports that Serv. Pack. I loaded all of the microsoft updates (again using dial up.) Dad connnects to my AT&T (Sbcglobal) system. I have the modem hardware for everything. There are 3 USB ports & none work. The chipset at the mfg (Hyperion Pro) seemed to load from the Biostar site. I have the Netgear disk, but no luck. I'm learning. I did check the device drivers & nothing shows up (for USB.) I Think that they don't show up in the BIOS, but I'm not in their much. I would like more info to make sure I can go to the right BIOS area. Sorry to be so long. I'm headache from this. All help is appreciated
Desperate on Dial-up for almost a month.
Dawn

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,271 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:39 PM

Posted 15 August 2009 - 08:21 AM

Biostar makes many different motherboards, each of them employing somewhat different drivers...depending on chipset used, etc.

Specific data re the motherboard model...would be helpful.

What's the link used...to obtain the drivers you attempted to install?

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users