Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Nothing Will Sign In!... Can Anyone Please Help?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 macca304050

macca304050

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:04 AM

Posted 17 July 2005 - 04:42 AM

Hi i am having a few problems with my internet explorer and MSN messenger. Every time i try to go on to ANYTHING that requires me to sign in...e.g 'My Ebay', My bank account, Paypal, or MSN messneger it will not work. when i attempt to sign in to MSN messenger it says ''Signing in to MSN messenger failed because this service is temporaily unavailable, please try again later. 800b001''. This has doene the same for days. And when i attempt to click on something such as MY EBAY (or another thing that requires me to sign in) the following message comes up:

The page cannot be displayed...........The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to adjust your browser settings.

Can someone help me please.... I no it says I may need to adjust my browser settings but i have tried and not sure which ones to adjust, Id be very gratefull if someone could help me.

thanks

M.Zervakis

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 unrepper

unrepper

• Members
  • 205 posts
  •  

Posted 17 July 2005 - 10:31 AM

Errorcode: 0x800B0004 or 800b001 (with MSN Messenger 7)
"Signing in to .NET Messenger Service failed because the service is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later."
This error is usually caused by Windows being unable to find a .dll file that is needed by MSN Messenger for security.
To resolve it, you can download this file and run it. It will register all the required .dll files which means Windows can find them.
If you prefer, you can also type the following commands yourself to register the .dll files
First open a command prompt by clicking start, then run. In the "run" screen, type: cmd and press enter. You get a command prompt window now. Now, type the following commands and press enter after each command:
regsvr32 softpub.dll, regsvr32 Wintrust.dll, regsvr32 Initpki.dll, regsvr32 Dssenh.dll, regsvr32 Rsaenh.dll, regsvr32 Gpkcsp.dll, regsvr32 Sccbase.dll, regsvr32 Slbcsp.dll, regsvr32 Mssip32.dll, regsvr32 Cryptdlg.dll.
You can now close the command prompt screen and Messenger should work correctly again.
Posted Image

#3 unrepper

unrepper

• Members
  • 205 posts
  •  

Posted 17 July 2005 - 10:42 AM

sorry,
here's the file

http://www.msn-problems.com/downloads/regi...r-dll-files.bat
Posted Image

#4 rmm55

rmm55

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  

Posted 19 July 2005 - 01:41 PM

And if that won't do it you may want to try to run scripten.exe and IEfix if you still can't log in to sites that are either secure https or that require user authentication.
Roy Mel - YourTechOnline technician
roy@no_spam_yourtechonline.com (remove no_spam_)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users