Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Weird Pixelation on some text/images

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 blamzero

blamzero

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:42 AM

Posted 14 August 2009 - 09:01 PM

Hi, I just reinstalled windows xp on my laptop (dell Inspiron 9300) and for some reason internet images are coming out pixelated. The icons in the tray at the bottom right are also pixelated. My desktop icons look fine, as does most text. The resolution is at 1400x900 and tweaking it lower just makes things worse.

On a probably unrelated note, xp is being really chuggy even though I just reinstalled it and it should be clean. Even switching between windows can take several seconds. Probably an unrelated problem entirely, wouldn't be surprised if I got some rediculous malware just from opening a browser, but there it is.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,874 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:42 AM

Posted 15 August 2009 - 08:14 AM

What was the technique used for reinstalling XP?

Clean install?

Recovery CDs/partition?

Installing over problems previously detected/experienced?

What prompted the reinstallation effort?

Have you tried uninstalling...then reinstalling your video drivers?

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users