Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Empty Network Connections Folder

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 roversgate

roversgate

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:38 PM

Posted 14 August 2009 - 06:10 PM

Hi, I was wondering if someone can help me out. Three computers use the same wireless connection as me but the problem is that their connection was working while mine wasn't. I finally had to use an ethernet cable to connect to the router directly and get internet through there. I tried to connect to the wireless connection but the icon is missing from the taskbar on the bottom right corner of the screen and the network connections folder in control panel is empty. Even the "connect to" option that can be accessed from the start button, is saying empty on it. What I have tried:

1) I went onto device managed and checked for any problems with drivers - the Broadcom 802.11g Network Adapter folder is not working properly and uninstalling/reinstalling or updating the driver doesn't work. I don't know if that is the cause
2) I have tried all the troubleshoots available including the network connections troubleshoot as well as the above drivers' troubleshoot.
3) In device manager I also went to view - show hidden devices, SASKUTIL is another driver that has the same problem as the Broadcom one above and I am not sure what it is and what it does so I haven't touched it.

Everything else seems in order and googling my problem doesn't seem to help. Just wanted to check if someone has a suggestion or solution for this?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jrvic15

jrvic15

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:38 PM

Posted 15 August 2009 - 04:15 AM

bro,what is your OS?windows XP or Vista?

#3 roversgate

roversgate
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 15 August 2009 - 08:34 AM

Oh I posted in windows XP section thats why I didn't provide that information.

Ya I am using Windows XP.

#4 roversgate

roversgate
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 17 August 2009 - 12:40 PM

does anyone have any suggestions? :thumbsup:

#5 CaveDweller2

CaveDweller2

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  

Posted 17 August 2009 - 03:39 PM

I would go into Device manager, right click on the adapter and remove it. Then go into Add/Remove programs and remove anything that has to do with your wireless. If you have the drivers for it have them handy if not I found these drivers for your adapter. Reboot your PC and install the drivers fresh that way.

Hope this helps thumbup.gif

Associate in Applied Science - Network Systems Management - Trident Technical College

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users