Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

New Member - .LNK Issue

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 wesleycgraham

wesleycgraham

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:01 AM

Posted 17 July 2005 - 03:05 AM

Hello,

I've recently registered to this forum and would like to introduce myself. My name is Wes and I have an issue regarding .LNK file format. I noticed a thread earlier regarding the same, but got side tracked with company. I cannot find it any longer! Anyone who might be able to point me in the right direction to fix the problem, I would be very grateful as the majority of my programs and files aren't able to open AT ALL! :thumbsup:

All of my programs have a .LNK file format after it; I'm assuming that the registry has been modified. I contacted DELL as I have a Dimension desktop with XP OS. They referened a fix via the REGEDIT.EXE command and we extracted a ZIP from 'www.dougknox.com' - it potentially could've helped, but yet the issue persists. We also opened up in SAFE MODE and did a System Restore to an earlier check point but my OS does not seem to be cooperating very well. Can anyone help me?

Thanks,
Wes

(moderator edit: moved to more appropriate forum. jgweed)

Edited by jgweed, 17 July 2005 - 11:00 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 wesleycgraham

wesleycgraham
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 23 July 2005 - 07:00 PM

Hi again,

My issue still persists however now all of my files are unable to open because an image file format is associated with them. My program/file icons are now displayed with the Jasc Paint Shop Photo Album icon. Has anyone ever seen this before or know of a good solution to the registry to fix the problem? I can't open ANYTHING associated with these types of file formats and need help! I would be very gratful for your thoughts and opinions as I don't know what to do! Please help. Thank you.

Wes

#3 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  

Posted 24 July 2005 - 11:35 PM

My guess would be to uninstall Jasc Paint Shop if you can.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users