Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How Do I Get Rid of This Dialog Box?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 cubbie5150

cubbie5150

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:38 AM

Posted 17 July 2005 - 02:24 AM

First post here, & I'm hoping someone can help. My OS is Windows XP, SP2, and I have a notebook computer that came w/ an Intel 2200 b/g wireless card as part of its Centrino set-up. Anyway, I don't use wireless, and decided to uninstall a few programs that I don't use, including Intel ProSet Wireless (from Add/Remove Programs in Control Panel). I then used a registry cleaner, & thought I was good to go. Now, however, whenever I re-start Windows, I get the message box below:

Posted Image

This pops up while my start-up programs are loading (though this box references "2915", I actually have the 2200 b/g card). Anybody have an idea of what I need to do to get rid of this box when I re-start? One good thing about uninstalling this is that it cut out about 8 running processes.... Any help appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 phatcat42141

phatcat42141

• Members
  • 107 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:38 AM

Posted 17 July 2005 - 02:36 AM

First post here, & I'm hoping someone can help. My OS is Windows XP, SP2, and I have a notebook computer that came w/ an Intel 2200 b/g wireless card as part of its Centrino set-up. Anyway, I don't use wireless, and decided to uninstall a few programs that I don't use, including Intel ProSet Wireless (from Add/Remove Programs in Control Panel). I then used a registry cleaner, & thought I was good to go. Now, however, whenever I re-start Windows, I get the message box below:

Posted Image

This pops up while my start-up programs are loading (though this box references "2915", I actually have the 2200 b/g card). Anybody have an idea of what I need to do to get rid of this box when I re-start? One good thing about uninstalling this is that it cut out about 8 running processes.... Any help appreciated.

Try disabling or completely removing the wireless card. You can disable it by going here --

Start>Control Panel>System>Hardware (Tab)>Device Manager

When it comes up look for the wireless card and open the properities and choose "Do not use this divice (disable)

That should take care of that annoying box.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users