Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

ps3 cricket broadband

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 dabree50

dabree50

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:59 AM

Posted 14 August 2009 - 03:22 PM

Details...
Cricket USB Version : A600
80GB PS3

Okay so far I've found one way to do it but I failed. I only succeeded in obtaining the IP Address. What I did was connect my computer to my PS3 with the internet cable (CAT whiskers or w/e) and did the following:

For XP Windows I did this:
Start -> Connect To -> Cricket Broadband -> Properties -> Advanced -> 'Allow other network users to connect through this computer's Internet connection'.............. When I turn on the sharing option it also has me type in which connection to share to which is: 'Local Area Connection' and it included two other boxes that were also checked :

'Establish a dial-up connection whenever a computer on my network attempts to access the internet'

and

'Allow other network users to control or disable the shared internet connection'

Internet Connection Test Results:

Obtain IP Address: Succeeded
Everything else: Failed

Okay so I want to know (IN AS MUCH DETAIL AS POSSIBLE) how I can hook the Cricket USB Broadband (A600) to my PS3 for online awesomeness? Also I have a Linksys Router that I haven't tried using yet. Please make it detailed as I am completely stupid with computers! If there's any mistake I made please tell me. And if you have specific questions I would be glad to answer them! :thumbsup:

THANK YOU SO MUCH IF YOU CAN ANSWER!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 CaveDweller2

CaveDweller2

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:59 AM

Posted 14 August 2009 - 04:40 PM

did you uncheck those boxes?

Basically what you are doing is ICS(Internet Connection Sharing). Altho you tried to do it through the Cricket software. I believe if you set it up through windows XP as explain on this site it'll connect. Just do down to the broadband set up. And then connect through the Ps3.

You do understand that because you are doing this through a cell connection, your online is not going to be awesomeness, its going to be teh suck for most things?

Hope this helps thumbup.gif

Associate in Applied Science - Network Systems Management - Trident Technical College

#3 dabree50

dabree50
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:59 AM

Posted 14 August 2009 - 07:52 PM

Thank You for your help. I am now connecting. My problem now is when I do a connection test is gose threw 5 steps.
1) obtain IP address: succeded
2) internet connection: Failed
3) playstation network: ?
4)UPnP: ?
5)NAT type: ?

It will not do the rest of the test because it claims not to see the internet. In my network connection the two are connected and being shared (PS3/cricket broadband) And the cricket is connected to the internet, but the PS3 dose not see the internet

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users