Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Security Warning

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Mackwrench

Mackwrench

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:33 PM

Posted 14 August 2009 - 12:15 PM

During my usual microsoft updates I got the new Internet Explorer 8 and I was ok with that at first. however lately I have been getting an irritating secutity warning that shows up every time I try and open an e mail.
It asks: "Do you want to view only the webpage content that was delivered securely ? "
" This webpage contains content that will not be delivered using a secure HTTPS connection, which could
compromise the security of the entire webpage. "
Is there any way to clear this warning so that it dosent pop up every time I go to open an e-mail ? I have tried to change various settings, to no avail. And it shows up on both my XP and Vista operating systems. It seems to be tied in with the smartscreen filter some how. I just can't seem to be able to remove it
Any thoughts would be helpful.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,257 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:33 PM

Posted 14 August 2009 - 01:01 PM

It is not related to the smart screen filter.

I've receivec it before and I don't have such enabled.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users