Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

did a bad thing...

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 battyhippie

battyhippie

• Members
  • 430 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:16 AM

Posted 14 August 2009 - 11:11 AM

Batty did a bad thing after Budapest so wonderfully cleaned up the house computer. I let my ex use it. Just got it back and it announced to me that it had Trojan spm/lx along with it's friends. Please note I can not run the computer in safe mode, all scanning has been done in regular mode and I ran all the scans complete, ie no express. I have run MBAM, Anti-Spy and Dr Web over the past few days to now have "clean" reports. All this I did on disk cause I did not want to risk being online. However, I have no idea if I got all the little demons, and I still can't, don't know if it matters, run in safe mode. I am ready to Format C: but my ex needs a file on the computer that he can't save to disk...it's a cd cover he designed. I am posting from another, outside of my house, computer so please be patient! but I have freed myself up to run pretty quick. Oh yes, and the weather has been thunderstorms...I don't need to fry a computer, too. Just to let whomever know I will try to get back as quick as I can. An advance Thanks! to whoever wants to figure this mess out! that I got myself in. Oh yes, this would help it's an emachine running Windows XP home edition, 32bit. Again, Thanks! and Peace.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users