Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problem has been detected and window has been shoutdonw to prevent damange to your computer

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 rupal

rupal

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:46 AM

Posted 14 August 2009 - 11:05 AM

hi every one,

i am having HP Pavallion dv666us with 160 GB SATA hard drive and 1 GB RAM, having 2 operating system Vista (Pre installed) and Xp (installed by me).

i got blue screen error message in xp.

"problem has been detected and window has been shutdown to prevent damage to your computer "

STOP 0x0000008E and

stop 0x00000000a

and then i am not able to load any of operating system, i had tried to recover using recovery manager (f11) and recovery disc created when i got laptop, but nothing seems to work, in every process i am getting blue screen.

i tried to start using f8 (safe mode) but every thing goes to end up in "blue screen error".

I had been chatting with hp support they told me to run BIOS hard drive test utility, i had also done that it shows message (#10000)-->> PASSEd in Quick, SMART and Comprehensive test.

now hp people are asking me to order new recovery
CD from them to recover the OS when another hp support person is telling me that My hard drive is gone. The new hard drive would cost me around $459.

what should i do, i called hp poeple they told me, they can support me if i pay $49 for 1 month and $99 for 1 year package of technical support by phone.

can any one suggest me what to do.

i have gone through so many forums and post for this type of problems, all are with HP and Compact PC, also those person says that after spending money for recovery or hard disk problem is not still resolved, so i cant trust on HP persons at all.

i can only say that please dont buy HP laptop's. Once warranty is over they will not support you any more, they directly ask you to buy recovery CD without figure out the issue with laptop.

any one knows the solution,

thanks for reading.

Additional Details

I am also trying to install Xp using SATA driver but the installing is hanged up in between and showing me error that cant copy file some file "ms46.dll" something like that.

how to delete the XP ??

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,130 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:46 AM

Posted 14 August 2009 - 12:57 PM

<<The new hard drive would cost me around $459.>>

There is no SATA hard drive...that costs that much. You could just buy a netbook computer for less than that. I can buy a 1TB drive for less than $100 today, if I so desired. Perhaps I should say...there is no SATA hard drive worth that much.

HP is in the business...they don't do this for any other reason...the business of selling goods and services (real and imagined) to those with money to pay for such. That's a basic fact. To expect anything more than that...is unrealistic.

It's your money, you spend it as you see fit.

FWIW: That particular error message is very routine and is probably capable of being deciphered, if you are willing to work at it. Causes include driver and malware...as well as other system hardware.

What do you do on this computer...besides browse/surf the Web? Why did you buy it in the first place?

Louis

#3 rupal

rupal
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:46 AM

Posted 03 September 2009 - 08:14 AM

thanks louis and the forum,

i tried to do memtest and it failed for pass 1 and 2 , so i thought that something is wrong with my RAM, so i opened Laptop and took one slot and tried memtest again with only 512 chip, i got memtest pass and i install ubuntu Operating System. so now issue is resolved.

I got recovery CD for 26$, the original cost of Cd is only 12$, but they dont told me that rest of charge is of Shipping, so waste of money in shipping.

as far as HP is concern i got technical phone support for 1 year for 99$ and still they tell me that my hard drive is gone. and i asked them to give me hard ware support they told me they dont support for dec-2007 model, when the another technician was asking me to perfrom all test on my PC,

I ask HP, they only support for 2008 model which is under warranty of 1 year. after that no support only money taking business.

HP support is not concurrent at all , every time you call you will get different solution after talking with them for 1 hr, some time i was hanged up in infinite call , after that technician gone.

i dont want to tell anything more for HP, but Moral of story is dont buy HP product, even if you get at lower price, once your Pc is not working you will be in mode to only spend money, and their support is not supportive at all.

if you got any blue screen error 8e code, test your RAM or hard disk, open your PC and try to troubleshot by replacing with another one, go to any tech forum, you will get help by same peers.

there is also one solution i can suggest you, when you got any hardware failure, try to get hardware warranly from your brand like HP, Dell, say them my Pc wokring good, and once you get it, try to replace your part, this what they expect for getting money from consumers. dont directly call them and give your P/N and S/N and problem.

thanks,
Nirupama

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,130 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:46 AM

Posted 03 September 2009 - 09:35 AM

Feedback appreciated :thumbsup:.

Personally...I find that there is a place for vendors like HP, Dell, etc, even though I do not buy systems from such. I prefer to either try to troubleshoot my own systems (as well as I can)...and then take them to a local computer shop for things which I cannot fathom myself.

I don't expect everyone who purchases a computer to take this attitude...indeed, I had a classic illlustration of this 2 days ago when my brother phoned me with a "problem" he had with a computer which I bought for him less than two months ago. He had not even bothered to read any of the materials, inventory the CDs or familiarize himself with the system beyond turning it on and off...needless to say, I was pretty upset with his attitude but it caused me to realize that many persons think a computer is just the next step in a TV or similar apparatus...you turn it on and it works properly.

It's not that easy :flowers:.

My brother is now finding that out, the hard way...as he now realizes that he needs to learn a few basic things to enjoy the benefits of having a computer. Starting with...how to maneuver in the BIOS :trumpet:.

There is a lot of help available...but there are lots of things which can conceivably go wrong with a PC, due to the complexity.

One thing to always remember...it's a lot easier for a person to troubleshoot ostensible computer errors/situations...if that person has the system in front of her/him and can actually check this and that. I feel a bit sorry for anyone who works at a Help Desk for any of the OEM computer system manufacturers because they are expected to do the sometimes impossible, without having access to the system.

This is probably one of the reasons why a clean install is the frequent recourse of those who are trying to expeditiously restore system functionality for a user/owner who fails to understand the possibilities involved.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users